Why is my xp loads faster than vista,???

need for speed

Why is my xp loads faster than vista,???
I am riunning XP on a low performance machine, and Vista on a brand new, far
superior maching, so, why is Vista so damn slow at doing EVERYTHING!!! and
would there be any problems with converting my new machine, to plain old,
reasonably reliable XP
need for speed

RE: Why is my xp loads faster than vista,???

"need for speed" wrote:

> I am riunning XP on a low performance machine, and Vista on a brand new, far
> superior maching, so, why is Vista so damn slow at doing EVERYTHING!!! and
> would there be any problems with converting my new machine, to plain old,
> reasonably reliable XP

Sorry, these are my specs, not sure if its all you need>>
Processor-Intel Core 2 6400 @2.13GHz
RAM-1022mb
HD-296GB
nvidia GeForce 7300 GS
Dana Cline - MVP

Re: Why is my xp loads faster than vista,???
Was Vista on your new PC when you bought it? From a major manufacturer?
Chances are it's full of junkware. Uninstall what you can, disable the
Windows Search service, and finally get Autoruns.zip from Microsoft to make
sure your startup is clean.

I've found that raw Vista is actually pretty fast, but my HP laptop came
with so much crap I had to completely wipe it and install from scratch (and
not from HP's backup disc).

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

"need for speed" <need for speed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am riunning XP on a low performance machine, and Vista on a brand new,
>far
> superior maching, so, why is Vista so damn slow at doing EVERYTHING!!! and
> would there be any problems with converting my new machine, to plain old,
> reasonably reliable XP

Lord Takyon

"Dana Cline - MVP" <dcline@scriptpro.com> wrote in message
> Was Vista on your new PC when you bought it? From a major manufacturer?
> Chances are it's full of junkware. Uninstall what you can, disable the
> Windows Search service, and finally get Autoruns.zip from Microsoft to
> make sure your startup is clean.
>
> I've found that raw Vista is actually pretty fast, but my HP laptop came
> with so much crap I had to completely wipe it and install from scratch
> (and not from HP's backup disc).
>
> Dana Cline - MCE MVP
>
> "need for speed" <need for speed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:C35E4E17-8AF5-4BD7-98D1-73E4482E5DC2@microsoft.com...
>>I am riunning XP on a low performance machine, and Vista on a brand new,
>>far
>> superior maching, so, why is Vista so damn slow at doing EVERYTHING!!!
>> and
>> would there be any problems with converting my new machine, to plain old,
>> reasonably reliable XP

Pre-installed is usually slow due to junk. Raw is fairly impressive, to me
it was roughly on par with XP. Cleaned and tweaked a little and it performs
better than XP did for me.

--
Can't think of a sig at the moment.
Read this instead.

Dana Cline - MVP

Re: Why is my xp loads faster than vista,???
Mine certainly seems fast, but as I've never loaded XP on this hardware,
it's kind of hard to judge. It's certainly faster than XP on any of my older
PCs <g>.

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

"Lord Takyon" <takyon@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> "Dana Cline - MVP" <dcline@scriptpro.com> wrote in message
>> Was Vista on your new PC when you bought it? From a major manufacturer?
>> Chances are it's full of junkware. Uninstall what you can, disable the
>> Windows Search service, and finally get Autoruns.zip from Microsoft to
>> make sure your startup is clean.
>>
>> I've found that raw Vista is actually pretty fast, but my HP laptop came
>> with so much crap I had to completely wipe it and install from scratch
>> (and not from HP's backup disc).
>>
>> Dana Cline - MCE MVP
>>
>> "need for speed" <need for speed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:C35E4E17-8AF5-4BD7-98D1-73E4482E5DC2@microsoft.com...
>>>I am riunning XP on a low performance machine, and Vista on a brand new,
>>>far
>>> superior maching, so, why is Vista so damn slow at doing EVERYTHING!!!
>>> and
>>> would there be any problems with converting my new machine, to plain
>>> old,
>>> reasonably reliable XP

> Pre-installed is usually slow due to junk. Raw is fairly impressive, to
> me it was roughly on par with XP. Cleaned and tweaked a little and it
> performs better than XP did for me.
>

> --
> Can't think of a sig at the moment.
> Read this instead.

Lord Takyon

> Mine certainly seems fast, but as I've never loaded XP on this hardware,
> it's kind of hard to judge. It's certainly faster than XP on any of my
> older PCs <g>.
>
> Dana Cline - MCE MVP
>
> "Lord Takyon" <takyon@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>> "Dana Cline - MVP" <dcline@scriptpro.com> wrote in message
>>> Was Vista on your new PC when you bought it? From a major manufacturer?
>>> Chances are it's full of junkware. Uninstall what you can, disable the
>>> Windows Search service, and finally get Autoruns.zip from Microsoft to
>>> make sure your startup is clean.
>>>
>>> I've found that raw Vista is actually pretty fast, but my HP laptop came
>>> with so much crap I had to completely wipe it and install from scratch
>>> (and not from HP's backup disc).
>>>
>>> Dana Cline - MCE MVP
>>>
>>> "need for speed" <need for speed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>> message news:C35E4E17-8AF5-4BD7-98D1-73E4482E5DC2@microsoft.com...
>>>

>> Pre-installed is usually slow due to junk. Raw is fairly impressive, to
>> me it was roughly on par with XP. Cleaned and tweaked a little and it
>> performs better than XP did for me.
>>

>> --
>> Can't think of a sig at the moment.
>> Read this instead.

I have used both on this hardware, Vista is certainly an improvement.
--
Can't think of a sig at the moment.
Read this instead.

Kevin

Re: Why is my xp loads faster than vista,???
Hi Dana,

Maybe you can point us to Autoruns.zip.

Also ...
I have a brand new computer (purchased yesterday). I was so shocked by the
extremely slow performance that I tried (yesterday) to remove all I could,
uninstall anything that didn't look critical and turned off everything I
could in the "Turn Windows features on or off".

Nothing has helped. I've been through many Windows upgrades and I know that
each requires a bit of getting used to. I'm not anti-change -- but this is
really ridiculous.

I tried to copy a DVD (1.2 GB) to my harddrive, had so many problems (last
night) that I left it on all night. This morning, the "remaining" time was
"66 days". I kid you not. This is not "slow" this is "broken".

Any thoughts?
kevin
Dana Cline - MVP

Re: Why is my xp loads faster than vista,???
It's at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sys.../Autoruns.mspx

In your case (from other postings), you should attempt to get the store or
vendor to help with this...it's not normal and may be a hardware problem.

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

"Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Dana,
>
> Maybe you can point us to Autoruns.zip.
>
> Also ...
> I have a brand new computer (purchased yesterday). I was so shocked by the
> extremely slow performance that I tried (yesterday) to remove all I could,
> uninstall anything that didn't look critical and turned off everything I
> could in the "Turn Windows features on or off".
>
> Nothing has helped. I've been through many Windows upgrades and I know
> that
> each requires a bit of getting used to. I'm not anti-change -- but this is
> really ridiculous.
>
> I tried to copy a DVD (1.2 GB) to my harddrive, had so many problems (last
> night) that I left it on all night. This morning, the "remaining" time was
> "66 days". I kid you not. This is not "slow" this is "broken".
>
> Any thoughts?
> kevin

TomL

Re: Why is my xp loads faster than vista,???
Both Gateway and Best Buy are blaming Mfst for the slow download speed, and
video rebuffering they claim is caused by Vista!

"Dana Cline - MVP" wrote:

> Mine certainly seems fast, but as I've never loaded XP on this hardware,
> it's kind of hard to judge. It's certainly faster than XP on any of my older
> PCs <g>.
>
> Dana Cline - MCE MVP
>
> "Lord Takyon" <takyon@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > "Dana Cline - MVP" <dcline@scriptpro.com> wrote in message
> >> Was Vista on your new PC when you bought it? From a major manufacturer?
> >> Chances are it's full of junkware. Uninstall what you can, disable the
> >> Windows Search service, and finally get Autoruns.zip from Microsoft to
> >> make sure your startup is clean.
> >>
> >> I've found that raw Vista is actually pretty fast, but my HP laptop came
> >> with so much crap I had to completely wipe it and install from scratch
> >> (and not from HP's backup disc).
> >>
> >> Dana Cline - MCE MVP
> >>
> >> "need for speed" <need for speed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message news:C35E4E17-8AF5-4BD7-98D1-73E4482E5DC2@microsoft.com...
> >>

> > Pre-installed is usually slow due to junk. Raw is fairly impressive, to
> > me it was roughly on par with XP. Cleaned and tweaked a little and it
> > performs better than XP did for me.
> >

> > --
> > Can't think of a sig at the moment.
> > Read this instead.

Dana Cline - MVP

Re: Why is my xp loads faster than vista,???
Hopefully they'll get it figured out. The
microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing newsgroup may have more
info on this too...

Dana Cline - MCE MVP