manually uninstall a program

stickleback

manually uninstall a program
When I try to upgrade or uninstall acrobat 9.2 I receive the following error:
"The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the
source exists and that you can access it." I've trolled around different
postings and not found anything particularly useful. Can anyone suggest how
I can manually uninstall acrobat? My OS is Vista Business.

thanks.
Americano

Re: manually uninstall a program

Have you tried un-installing it through Add/Remove Programs in the
Control Panel?

--
Americano

*Trying the Same Thing Over, and Expecting a Different Result =
Insanity*
http://www.vistax64.com/images/style...reputation.gif
-*don't forget to say thanks, tip my scales!*-
Ǝиçεl

RE: manually uninstall a program
Did you ask here ?

http://www.adobe.com/support/
-=-

"stickleback" wrote:

> When I try to upgrade or uninstall acrobat 9.2 I receive the following error:
> "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the
> source exists and that you can access it." I've trolled around different
> postings and not found anything particularly useful. Can anyone suggest how
> I can manually uninstall acrobat? My OS is Vista Business.
>

> thanks.

Ǝиçεl

RE: manually uninstall a program
Did you ask here ?
http://www.adobe.com/support/

or

Try to remove it with Revo Uninstaller (Free version), then run CCleaner's
registry cleaner.

<http://www.revouninstaller.com/>

Use the REVO uninstaller (fourth/last option). That way you are
certain to scrap all the registry entries -

Also, try in Tools -> Optimization -. Junk Files Cleaner – Scan -(give it
some time)- Delete

Also, Tools -> Tracks Cleaner, for
Browser Cleaner
Microsoft Office Cleaner
Windows Cleaner
Evidence Remover
Unrecoverable Remover

<http://www.ccleaner.com>
Note, uncheck Yahoos Toolbar

Download the basic version via
<http://www.ccleaner.com/download/builds.aspx>
The basic version does not contain the disgusted Toolbar

Ǝиçεl
◕‿◕
-=-

"stickleback" wrote:

> When I try to upgrade or uninstall acrobat 9.2 I receive the following error:
> "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the
> source exists and that you can access it." I've trolled around different
> postings and not found anything particularly useful. Can anyone suggest how
> I can manually uninstall acrobat? My OS is Vista Business.
>

> thanks.

stickleback

RE: manually uninstall a program
Problem solved: I used the windows installer cleanup utility and then
reinstalled the program.

cheers!