internet access help

bennimen

internet access help
I can only run one program that accesses the internet at a time. If I run,
for example, my ebay auction sniping program and I try to run internet
explorer or firefox, the browser won't work. Is there a way to let more than
one program access the internet, or is that just a computer problem specific
to my computer?
Tim

Re: internet access help
Need more information. What do you mean by "browser won't work"? Do you get
an error message? Does the browser not open or do you simply get a "page
can't be found" message? Do you have a broadband connection or dial-up
(could be a speed issue...it works but you have to wait a little longer
before giving up)? What are the specs of your PC (a slow PC could be choking
on the requests)? Do you have a firewall and, if so, how is it configured
(maybe the firewall is blocking traffic)? What are your security settings
(perhaps UAC is getting in the way)?

You should be able to access the internet from multiple apps so the problem
has to be specific to your setup. Please reply with more information and I'm
sure you will receive some help.

Tim

"bennimen" <bennimen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can only run one program that accesses the internet at a time. If I run,
> for example, my ebay auction sniping program and I try to run internet
> explorer or firefox, the browser won't work. Is there a way to let more
> than
> one program access the internet, or is that just a computer problem
> specific
> to my computer?

bennimen

Re: internet access help
sorry for the lack of info. I get the page cannot be found message, the kind
that shows up when you try to use the browser when your not connected to the
internet, when I try to open the browser. its a broadband connection, no dial
up. just turn on the computer and go kind of connection.i disabled my windows
firewall and i dont have any kind of firewall besides that. i don't know
about the security settings though. thanks for the response, ben