Windows Update Query - nVidia - Display - NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G

FalconMan

Windows Update Query - nVidia - Display - NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G
Hi there,  I am fairly conscientious when it comes to downloading the Windows Online Updates that I am periodically prompted to do. There is a recent "Important Update" request (nVidia - Display - NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G) that is bigger than usual - 85.8Mb. I have a 350Mb per month data package, which is more than adequate for my use (I don't download music, videos, etc), but downloads like this Windows Update really have an impact on my data allocation, especially when I am not to sure what its use is / why it is needed? Please could you provide me with some clarity on the importance of this update, what it is required for, etc. Thanks (from sunny South Africa)

Ǝиçεl

RE: Windows Update Query - nVidia - Display - NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G
Do *not* get hardware updates from the Windows/Microsoft updates web page
unless your hardware happens to be Microsoft manufacturered... Always get the
hardware drivers (when you need them) from the actual manufactureя of said
product.
-=-

"FalconMan" wrote:

> Hi there, I am fairly conscientious when it comes to downloading the Windows Online Updates that I am periodically prompted to do. There is a recent "Important Update" request (nVidia - Display - NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G) that is bigger than usual - 85.8Mb. I have a 350Mb per month data package, which is more than adequate for my use (I don't download music, videos, etc), but downloads like this Windows Update really have an impact on my data allocation, especially when I am not to sure what its use is / why it is needed? Please could you provide me with some clarity on the importance of this update, what it is required for, etc. Thanks (from sunny South Africa)
>

> Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
> .

FalconMan

RE: Windows Update Query - nVidia - Display - NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G
Thanks for your advice here ... I appreciate it.

Chuck

Re: Windows Update Query - nVidia - Display - NVIDIA GeForce 8200MG
My HP laptop has an Nvidia 8200G M embedded video system. I'd suggest
that you go to the Nvidia web site for the update. If the update is
what I believe it to be, and you are using video drivers from some time
ago, it will likely noticeably speed up the video system, as the last
update did to my laptop.