Which to do first?

Rick Schmidt

Which to do first?
I am looking to do a little tweaking on my computer over the next few months
but i can only afford to do 1 componant at a time which should be my
priority for reducing online game lag?

upgrade from the NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller?
upgrade from the 1650se video card?

Rick Rogers

Re: Which to do first?
Hi Rick,

Both are dependent on the size of the pipeline. Upgrading the networking
controller will only help if the supply (feed) is currently greater than
your 'nic can handle. Somehow I doubt that it is. Upgrading the video may
give better display results, but again any changes resulting from other
players are going to depend not on your video card's speed but in how fast
they get to your system from the network.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Rick Schmidt" <ricks181@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>I am looking to do a little tweaking on my computer over the next few
>months but i can only afford to do 1 componant at a time which should be my
>priority for reducing online game lag?
>
> upgrade from the NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller?
> upgrade from the 1650se video card?

Tim

Re: Which to do first?
What about RAM? If you aren't maxed out on RAM, you might consider upgrading
that before the two items you list below.

Tim

"Rick Schmidt" <ricks181@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>I am looking to do a little tweaking on my computer over the next few
>months but i can only afford to do 1 componant at a time which should be my
>priority for reducing online game lag?
>
> upgrade from the NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller?
> upgrade from the 1650se video card?

Rick Schmidt

Re: Which to do first?
i currently have 2 gigs of ram