Can't update Vista anymore

Lakesidezx

Can't update Vista anymore
When I try to update vista, I get the error code of 8007000B

I've used the Get help link and followed the instructions (80070002, as
there is no help for 8007000B) about 20 times and it still doesn't work. MS
suggests after following the instructions that I contact their support who
want to charge me $59.00 for the support email.

This bothers me because I had a similar problem after first installing vista
and the techie emailed me that there is never a charge for support for
windows update issues, but theres no way to bypass giving them my credit
card to let them charge me for the incident.

Any other assistance is appreciated.

DevilsPGD

Re: Can't update Vista anymore
In message <9ECD6024-7CF2-454E-B974-20C089765E93@microsoft.com>
"Lakesidezx" <lakesidezx@nowhere.net> wrote:

>When I try to update vista, I get the error code of 8007000B
>
>I've used the Get help link and followed the instructions (80070002, as
>there is no help for 8007000B) about 20 times and it still doesn't work. MS
>suggests after following the instructions that I contact their support who
>want to charge me $59.00 for the support email.
>
>This bothers me because I had a similar problem after first installing vista
>and the techie emailed me that there is never a charge for support for
>windows update issues, but theres no way to bypass giving them my credit
>card to let them charge me for the incident.
>
>Any other assistance is appreciated.

Try the instructions at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336 for
0x80070002 first. If that doesn't help, launch an elevated command
prompt, enter the following command and reboot:

fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\

--
We know America is a great nation! Where else could a poor black boy
be born in utter poverty and end up a rich white man?
Lakesidezx

Re: Can't update Vista anymore
Thank you for the help,
The first method didn't work and continued to produce the same error code,
but the second method listed by you, worked and vista is now up to date
again.

Much appreciated.

In message <0994A419-AADD-45A8-9407-EAAC2194331D@microsoft.com>
"Lakesidezx" <lakesidezx@nowhere.net> wrote:

>Thank you for the help,
>The first method didn't work and continued to produce the same error code,
>but the second method listed by you, worked and vista is now up to date
>again.
>
>Much appreciated.

Glad to help -- I spent a good eight hours on this one across the course
of several days

--
We know America is a great nation! Where else could a poor black boy
be born in utter poverty and end up a rich white man?
Only in America!
Nicalaine

Re: Can't update Vista anymore
How do you launch an elevated command prompt in Vista?

"Lakesidezx" wrote:

> Thank you for the help,
> The first method didn't work and continued to produce the same error code,
> but the second method listed by you, worked and vista is now up to date
> again.
>
> Much appreciated.
>

> "DevilsPGD" <spam_narf_spam@crazyhat.net> wrote in message
> > In message <9ECD6024-7CF2-454E-B974-20C089765E93@microsoft.com>
> > "Lakesidezx" <lakesidezx@nowhere.net> wrote:
> >
> >>When I try to update vista, I get the error code of 8007000B
> >>
> >>I've used the Get help link and followed the instructions (80070002, as
> >>there is no help for 8007000B) about 20 times and it still doesn't work.
> >>MS
> >>suggests after following the instructions that I contact their support who
> >>want to charge me $59.00 for the support email.
> >>
> >>This bothers me because I had a similar problem after first installing
> >>vista
> >>and the techie emailed me that there is never a charge for support for
> >>windows update issues, but theres no way to bypass giving them my credit
> >>card to let them charge me for the incident.
> >>
> >>Any other assistance is appreciated.

> > Try the instructions at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336 for
> > 0x80070002 first. If that doesn't help, launch an elevated command
> > prompt, enter the following command and reboot:
> >
> > fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\
> >
> > --
> > We know America is a great nation! Where else could a poor black boy
> > be born in utter poverty and end up a rich white man?
> > Only in America!

Rick Rogers

Re: Can't update Vista anymore
Hi

Click start and type CMD. Right click the entry that appears in the start
menu and select 'run as administrator'.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/