problem with shell32.dll

spartacus03 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
problem with shell32.dll
I'm not much of a computer nut here and don't want to mess around my system stuff or i'll end up recovering my whole computer.
When i start up my comp and login i get this prompt, "The procedure entry point SHFlushClipboard could not be located in the dynamic library SHELL32.dll."
I hit ok and my taskbar and icons go blank. After that some programs run slower, downloading is a little slow, and gameplay is somewhat laggy. I've never had a problem until that prompt and i'm not to sure what brought it up.
Corrupt dll file? Do i need to replace it?
Ǝиçεl

RE: problem with shell32.dll
I recommend downloading and installing
MalwareBytes' Antimalware (MBAM) and
SUPERAntiSpywaяe (SAS).

Do a full scan with MalwaяeBytes' and
SUPERAntiSpywaяe.

<http://www.superantispyware.com/>
After the software (SAS) is updated, it is suggested scanning the system in
Safe Mode.

Reboot
-=-

<http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php>
After the software is updated, it is suggested scanning the system in
Regular Mode.

Reboot
-=-

Both free versions of MBAM and SAS are on-demand scanners and offer no
'real-time' protection. Keep them installed and use them as
'second-opinion' scanner which is purposely (by design) recommended by
their respective authoяs.
-=-

"spartacus03" wrote:

> I'm not much of a computer nut here and don't want to mess around my
> system stuff or i'll end up recovering my whole computer.
> When i start up my comp and login i get this prompt, "The procedure
> entry point SHFlushClipboard could not be located in the dynamic library
> SHELL32.dll."
> I hit ok and my taskbar and icons go blank. After that some programs
> run slower, downloading is a little slow, and gameplay is somewhat
> laggy. I've never had a problem until that prompt and i'm not to sure
> what brought it up.
> Corrupt dll file? Do i need to replace it?
>

> --
> spartacus03
>
> .

Ǝиçεl

RE: problem with shell32.dll
I knew there was a piece of that question that I forgot to get to...

After scanning with SAS and MBAM

Type "cmd" into the Search box above the Start Button>and when cmd comes up
at the top of the Start menu>right click cmd and click "run as Admin" and
when the cmd prompt comes up at the cmd prompt type "sfc /scannow" no quotes
and let it run.

This may fix things quite a bit.

It replaces corrupt files with intact ones, if you're not familiar with it.
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833>

Repoяt problems and check for solutions automatically
<http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/fba7e7c3-2aec-46e4-9a32-968aa620f35b1033.mspx>
-=-