error message from ATI catalyst control center

doneganw

error message from ATI catalyst control center
Dear Microsoft Community,

I'm getting a warning upon starting up my PC:

"The Catalyst (R) Control Center is not supported by the driver version of
your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your ATI graphics driver or
enable your ATI adapter using the Displays Manager."

Huh? Greek to me. I went to the Displays Manager through the control panel
and tried to update the driver and it searched and told me I had the right
driver.

Any suggestions? I see no PC malfunction.

--
Bye,
William J. Donegan

TheDuck

Re: error message from ATI catalyst control center
What video card do you have? where did you install Catalyst control center
from? CCC is for ATI cards only. To install the correct drivers for your
card go to the manufacturers web site and download the latest package for
your video card and install it.

"doneganw" <doneganw@att.net> wrote in message
news33A3FCE-FD68-4DA0-89A1-B5724E2B5D05@microsoft.com...
> Dear Microsoft Community,
>
> I'm getting a warning upon starting up my PC:
>
> "The Catalyst (R) Control Center is not supported by the driver version of
> your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your ATI graphics driver or
> enable your ATI adapter using the Displays Manager."
>
> Huh? Greek to me. I went to the Displays Manager through the control panel
> and tried to update the driver and it searched and told me I had the right
> driver.
>
> Any suggestions? I see no PC malfunction.
>
> --
> Bye,
> William J. Donegan

Chuck

Re: error message from ATI catalyst control center
Mismatch between driver version and Catalyst version?
Downloading the "package" from ATI instead of the drivers only might just
solve the problem.
It's also possible that the video card/chip is running with the Microsoft
VGA/SVGA driver instead of the chip/card specific drivers.

One possible symptom is a rapid up and down fan speed on a video card.