Windows Experience Index goes down

Pat

Windows Experience Index goes down
Hi All,

I have added a RAM on my computer. However, the RAM rating goes down to 3.0
which is 4.0 before the adding the RAM. What's the matter with it?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Pat
Lord Takyon

Re: Windows Experience Index goes down
"Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have added a RAM on my computer. However, the RAM rating goes down to
> 3.0
> which is 4.0 before the adding the RAM. What's the matter with it?
>
> Any suggestion is appreciated.
>
> Pat

Is the RAM as fast as your existing RAM? If it is slower then the faster
RAM will slow down too. Maybe the BIO's settings need a tinker with to get
the performance out of the new RAM.

--
Join our distributed computing project.
Team FTL http://www.takyon.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Pat

Re: Windows Experience Index goes down
Hi Lord,

Thank you for your suggestion. I forgot to mention that after adding the
RAM, the performance of the computer is better. Only the score is lower. Any
idea of it?

"Lord Takyon" wrote:

> "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have added a RAM on my computer. However, the RAM rating goes down to
> > 3.0
> > which is 4.0 before the adding the RAM. What's the matter with it?
> >
> > Any suggestion is appreciated.
> >
> > Pat

> Is the RAM as fast as your existing RAM? If it is slower then the faster
> RAM will slow down too. Maybe the BIO's settings need a tinker with to get
> the performance out of the new RAM.
>
> --
> Join our distributed computing project.
> Team FTL http://www.takyon.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Dale

RE: Windows Experience Index goes down
Make sure that the added RAM is identical to the original RAM. If you had
one single stick before, make sure that you add the second stick in the
correct slot to pair them. Usually, the slots are color coded and you use
matching colors together.

If they are not color coded then look at the slots. If two slots are
adjacent and then a space and then two more adjacent slots you have to use
one slot from each set, not the two adjacent slots that you might expect.

Dale
--
Dale Preston
MCAD C#

> Hi Lord,
>
> Thank you for your suggestion. I forgot to mention that after adding the
> RAM, the performance of the computer is better. Only the score is lower.
> Any
> idea of it?
>

> "Lord Takyon" wrote:
>
>> "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > I have added a RAM on my computer. However, the RAM rating goes down to
>> > 3.0
>> > which is 4.0 before the adding the RAM. What's the matter with it?
>> >
>> > Any suggestion is appreciated.
>> >
>> > Pat

>> Is the RAM as fast as your existing RAM? If it is slower then the faster
>> RAM will slow down too. Maybe the BIO's settings need a tinker with to
>> get
>> the performance out of the new RAM.
>>
>> --
>> Join our distributed computing project.
>> Team FTL http://www.takyon.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

No need to apologise my friend, it was merely an oversight. TBH I pay
little attention to that score now anyway. Vista on another machine I own
scores higher on RAM and HDD, despite the components being outdated and
slower, yet the performance does not reflect this.
--
Join our distributed computing project.
Team FTL http://www.takyon.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

swasrfa007

RE: Windows Experience Index goes down
Pat tell u what i think
it DOESN'T matter what the score
as long as the performance is improving
why do you care about the scoring?
AND
you have to realize that Windows Vista is still a new OS
there are many things need to be fixed
until SP1 comes out,
Vista is still just a RTM version
so........ sh** happens

"Pat" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have added a RAM on my computer. However, the RAM rating goes down to 3.0
> which is 4.0 before the adding the RAM. What's the matter with it?
>
> Any suggestion is appreciated.
>
> Pat

Rock

Re: Windows Experience Index goes down
"Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> Hi All,
>
> I have added a RAM on my computer. However, the RAM rating goes down to
> 3.0
> which is 4.0 before the adding the RAM. What's the matter with it?

It might help if you gave some details. What RAM was in the system -
amount, type, speed, etc, and what did you add - amount, type, speed? Did
you keep the original RAM? What is the configuration now?

The score depends on more than just the amount of RAM If the system runs
well don't worry about the score.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]