red recovery drive folder

BrittanyJ

red recovery drive folder

So I got a virus on my computer a month ago and I had a friend from geek
squad come over and restart it with a recovery disk that Dell had sent
me (I have a dell) after it was restored and the virus was gone my
recovery folder was red and switched to my C: drive, and my os is now D:
drive. When I asked him about the recovery drive being red he just told
me that "its a good thing" but now when I go to download things for
school onto my computer they wont stay, they download but stop right
before its finished and I can't find it anywhere. I really need my
computer properly fixed but I can't find an answer anywhere. Please
help.

--
BrittanyJ
DL

Re: red recovery drive folder
Well your Geek Squad friend buggered the recovery.
Insert your recovery disk, reboot the PC so it starts from this disk, follow
instructions for destructive recovery.
Or see help on Dell site as to how to use your recovery disk
(ensure any devices are not connected when you use the recovery cd)