Explorer.exe stopped working and no longer works.

iwantacoconut

Explorer.exe stopped working and no longer works.

Hi, im having an issue here. one day my explorer.exe stopped working and
would not load. Even task manger wont launch. When I go to
Windows\exeplorer.exe and launch it manualy it starts but crashes
immedialty. Even after reboot it crashes upon startup. Ive checked the
regedit and the shell area says explorer.exe like it should. I dont know
whats going on but its fustrating so far im able to use the comandprompt
to do things like taskkill, msconfig, and regedit. Also when i click a
link after using google search, the listings all redirect me to a random
ad site. So im assuming all this could be the cause of a virus or
malware related issue. Only problem is that my virus scanner wont start
up, and ad-aware freezes during the scan. I cant boot in to safe mode
for a dumb reason too. My laptops blacklight went out so I have to use
an external monitor. I also have ubuntu dual booted, but the problem is
that my external montior display dosnet turn on untill vista is choosen
from the start up. When in the bios screen, and os selection screen I
cant see anything so safemode seems to be an issue to access.

Any help is greatly appricated. I dont want to reformat, and I problay
cant since my external montior dosent work in the bios menu anyways.

--
iwantacoconut

Re: Explorer.exe stopped working and no longer works.
Download http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html
Disable all non microsoft shell extensions (for explorer) and reenable one
by one if it helps.

At that registry key (the one we had to guess you referred to) see if
userinit is set to userinit.exe.

You may wish to do clean boot
troubleshooting http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

--
..
--
"iwantacoconut" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi, im having an issue here. one day my explorer.exe stopped working and
> would not load. Even task manger wont launch. When I go to
> Windows\exeplorer.exe and launch it manualy it starts but crashes
> immedialty. Even after reboot it crashes upon startup. Ive checked the
> regedit and the shell area says explorer.exe like it should. I dont know
> whats going on but its fustrating so far im able to use the comandprompt
> to do things like taskkill, msconfig, and regedit. Also when i click a
> link after using google search, the listings all redirect me to a random
> ad site. So im assuming all this could be the cause of a virus or
> malware related issue. Only problem is that my virus scanner wont start
> up, and ad-aware freezes during the scan. I cant boot in to safe mode
> for a dumb reason too. My laptops blacklight went out so I have to use
> an external monitor. I also have ubuntu dual booted, but the problem is
> that my external montior display dosnet turn on untill vista is choosen
> from the start up. When in the bios screen, and os selection screen I
> cant see anything so safemode seems to be an issue to access.
>
> Any help is greatly appricated. I dont want to reformat, and I problay
> cant since my external montior dosent work in the bios menu anyways.
>

> --
> iwantacoconut

Re: Explorer.exe stopped working and no longer works.
In MSConfig you can set the boot to safemode on the boot tab

--
..
--
"iwantacoconut" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi, im having an issue here. one day my explorer.exe stopped working and
> would not load. Even task manger wont launch. When I go to
> Windows\exeplorer.exe and launch it manualy it starts but crashes
> immedialty. Even after reboot it crashes upon startup. Ive checked the
> regedit and the shell area says explorer.exe like it should. I dont know
> whats going on but its fustrating so far im able to use the comandprompt
> to do things like taskkill, msconfig, and regedit. Also when i click a
> link after using google search, the listings all redirect me to a random
> ad site. So im assuming all this could be the cause of a virus or
> malware related issue. Only problem is that my virus scanner wont start
> up, and ad-aware freezes during the scan. I cant boot in to safe mode
> for a dumb reason too. My laptops blacklight went out so I have to use
> an external monitor. I also have ubuntu dual booted, but the problem is
> that my external montior display dosnet turn on untill vista is choosen
> from the start up. When in the bios screen, and os selection screen I
> cant see anything so safemode seems to be an issue to access.
>
> Any help is greatly appricated. I dont want to reformat, and I problay
> cant since my external montior dosent work in the bios menu anyways.
>

> --
> iwantacoconut

Re: Explorer.exe stopped working and no longer works.
Also use Start - All Programs - Accessories - SystemTools - Internet
Explorer (No addons)

--
..
--
"iwantacoconut" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi, im having an issue here. one day my explorer.exe stopped working and
> would not load. Even task manger wont launch. When I go to
> Windows\exeplorer.exe and launch it manualy it starts but crashes
> immedialty. Even after reboot it crashes upon startup. Ive checked the
> regedit and the shell area says explorer.exe like it should. I dont know
> whats going on but its fustrating so far im able to use the comandprompt
> to do things like taskkill, msconfig, and regedit. Also when i click a
> link after using google search, the listings all redirect me to a random
> ad site. So im assuming all this could be the cause of a virus or
> malware related issue. Only problem is that my virus scanner wont start
> up, and ad-aware freezes during the scan. I cant boot in to safe mode
> for a dumb reason too. My laptops blacklight went out so I have to use
> an external monitor. I also have ubuntu dual booted, but the problem is
> that my external montior display dosnet turn on untill vista is choosen
> from the start up. When in the bios screen, and os selection screen I
> cant see anything so safemode seems to be an issue to access.
>
> Any help is greatly appricated. I dont want to reformat, and I problay
> cant since my external montior dosent work in the bios menu anyways.
>

> --
> iwantacoconut

Ǝиçεl

RE: Explorer.exe stopped working and no longer works.

SUPERAntiSpyware just put up a Online Safe Scan at
<http://www.superantispyware.com/onlinescan.html>
if you cannot install and/or run the current SUPERAntiSpyware product due to
an infection.
-=-