Unable to sleep at all - Power off every time

Massimo Savazzi

Unable to sleep at all - Power off every time
When I try to sleep the monitor goes black for less than one second and the
pc reverts back to normal operation.

I wasn't able to get any info from system log or to find any tool to
troubleshoot this.

I have to POWER OFF evey time!

Can you help me?

Scissor

Re: Unable to sleep at all - Power off every time

One of your peripherals, drivers, or software is preventing Vista from
going into sleep mode.

Check for a BIOS update for your computer. Check for driver updates
for your motherboard, sound card, graphics card, etc.

Try closing all open software, disconnecting any unnecessary devices
from your computer first (including external hard drives and USB memory
sticks), and then try sleep mode again. If it works then the problem is
with one of your devices or programs and you can narrow it down.

Is your keyboard or mouse plugged into a USB hub? Try plugging them
directly into the back of your computer.

If you do end up reinstalling Vista for another reason, try Sleep mode
after the first install to verify that it works with a fresh install.
Then you could try Sleep mode after installing each driver/software to
narrow down the problem.

Good luck with your troubleshooting.

--
Scissor
Lee

Re: Unable to sleep at all - Power off every time
"Massimo Savazzi" <m.savazzi@who.net> wrote
> When I try to sleep the monitor goes black for less than one second and
> the pc reverts back to normal operation.
>
> I wasn't able to get any info from system log or to find any tool to
> troubleshoot this.
>
> I have to POWER OFF evey time!
>
> Can you help me?

Are you using a wireless USB mouse?

Massimo Savazzi

Re: Unable to sleep at all - Power off every time
Sigh!

is there any tool - registry - log - key or whatever to have any hint of
which hardware is preventing the sleep mode?

I have too (I realy mean too) many things in the case to do an disconnect &
try even because some of them are in realy nasty positions.

The bios is the latest one

"Scissor" <Scissor.2qbwg5@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> One of your peripherals, drivers, or software is preventing Vista from
> going into sleep mode.
>
> Check for a BIOS update for your computer. Check for driver updates
> for your motherboard, sound card, graphics card, etc.
>
> Try closing all open software, disconnecting any unnecessary devices
> from your computer first (including external hard drives and USB memory
> sticks), and then try sleep mode again. If it works then the problem is
> with one of your devices or programs and you can narrow it down.
>
> Is your keyboard or mouse plugged into a USB hub? Try plugging them
> directly into the back of your computer.
>
> If you do end up reinstalling Vista for another reason, try Sleep mode
> after the first install to verify that it works with a fresh install.
> Then you could try Sleep mode after installing each driver/software to
> narrow down the problem.
>
> Good luck with your troubleshooting.
>

> --
> Scissor

Massimo Savazzi

Re: Unable to sleep at all - Power off every time
No.

I have cabled mouse & keyboard and they both are ps2

I have a scanner, a multi bay (different memories) and a huge ammount of
other hardware.

The bios does not report any issue, I've even tried to recover bios defalts
and so on...

"Lee" <not@chance.ever> wrote in message
> "Massimo Savazzi" <m.savazzi@who.net> wrote
>> When I try to sleep the monitor goes black for less than one second and
>> the pc reverts back to normal operation.
>>
>> I wasn't able to get any info from system log or to find any tool to
>> troubleshoot this.
>>
>> I have to POWER OFF evey time!
>>
>> Can you help me?

> Are you using a wireless USB mouse?

Ed.

Re: Unable to sleep at all - Power off every time
What mother board do you have?

I have an Abit AB9 Pro. When I would try to put my XP Home Premium into
sleep "Suspend to RAM" (STR), it would just restart.

In my BIOS I had to go to Power Management and under ACPI Suspend Type
disable "Resume by USB from S3".

Now my sleep works just fine. Maybe you can fine something in your BIOS such
as this that may correct your problem.

Good Luck,
Ed.

"Massimo Savazzi" <m.savazzi@who.net> wrote in message
> Sigh!
>
> is there any tool - registry - log - key or whatever to have any hint of
> which hardware is preventing the sleep mode?
>

> I have too (I realy mean too) many things in the case to do an disconnect
> & try even because some of them are in realy nasty positions.
>
> The bios is the latest one
>
> "Scissor" <Scissor.2qbwg5@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
>>
>> One of your peripherals, drivers, or software is preventing Vista from
>> going into sleep mode.
>>
>> Check for a BIOS update for your computer. Check for driver updates
>> for your motherboard, sound card, graphics card, etc.
>>
>> Try closing all open software, disconnecting any unnecessary devices
>> from your computer first (including external hard drives and USB memory
>> sticks), and then try sleep mode again. If it works then the problem is
>> with one of your devices or programs and you can narrow it down.
>>
>> Is your keyboard or mouse plugged into a USB hub? Try plugging them
>> directly into the back of your computer.
>>
>> If you do end up reinstalling Vista for another reason, try Sleep mode
>> after the first install to verify that it works with a fresh install.
>> Then you could try Sleep mode after installing each driver/software to
>> narrow down the problem.
>>
>> Good luck with your troubleshooting.
>>

>> --
>> Scissor

swasrfa007

RE: Unable to sleep at all - Power off every time
lol man
i dont have a solution for you
but i had the same problem before too.
this was one of the bug they found in the Vista Beta 2

"Massimo Savazzi" wrote:

> When I try to sleep the monitor goes black for less than one second and the
> pc reverts back to normal operation.
>
> I wasn't able to get any info from system log or to find any tool to
> troubleshoot this.
>
> I have to POWER OFF evey time!
>
> Can you help me?

Massimo Savazzi

Re: Unable to sleep at all - Power off every time
This is very sad!

How did you resolved? reinstall ?

"swasrfa007" <swasrfa007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> lol man
> i dont have a solution for you
> but i had the same problem before too.
> this was one of the bug they found in the Vista Beta 2
>

> "Massimo Savazzi" wrote:
>
>> When I try to sleep the monitor goes black for less than one second and
>> the
>> pc reverts back to normal operation.
>>
>> I wasn't able to get any info from system log or to find any tool to
>> troubleshoot this.
>>
>> I have to POWER OFF evey time!
>>
>> Can you help me?

Trevor L.

On May 16, 12:07 pm, "Massimo Savazzi" <m.sava...@who.net> wrote:
> This is very sad!
>
> How did you resolved? reinstall ?
>
> "swasrfa007" <swasrfa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > lol man
> > i dont have a solution for you
> > but i had the same problem before too.
> > this was one of the bug they found in the Vista Beta 2

> > "Massimo Savazzi" wrote:

> >> When I try tosleepthe monitor goes black for less than one second and
> >> the
> >>pcreverts back to normal operation.

> >> I wasn't able to get any info from system log or to find any tool to
> >> troubleshoot this.

> >> I have to POWER OFF evey time!

> >> Can you help me?

I have this problem with my Windows XP computer. It sleeps for about
1/10 of a second and immediately wakes back up. Also the Vista PC next
to it does the same too.

Trevor L.

On Jul 5, 11:05 am, "Trevor L." <LionKing...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 16, 12:07 pm, "Massimo Savazzi" <m.sava...@who.net> wrote:
>

> > This is very sad!

> > How did you resolved? reinstall ?

> > "swasrfa007" <swasrfa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > lol man
> > > i dont have a solution for you
> > > but i had the same problem before too.
> > > this was one of the bug they found in the Vista Beta 2

> I have this problem with my Windows XP computer. It sleeps for about
> 1/10 of a second and immediately wakes back up. Also the VistaPCnext
> to it does the same too.

OK well I fixed my XP machine by disabling the "Allow this device to
bring the computer out of standby" for the NIC.