Drivers are interfering with Windows in and out sleep mode

smartsnake

Drivers are interfering with Windows in and out sleep mode
OS Windows Vista Home Basic

My computer is slow when entering in and resumes from sleep mode. System and
maintenance/Performance Information and Tools displays the warnings:

THESE DRIVERS ARE CAUSING WINDOWS TO STAND BY OR HIBERNATE SLOWLY

NVIDIA Compatible Windows Vista Kernel Mode Driver Version 175.21
Filename: nvlddmkm.sys
Publisher: NVIDIA Corporation
Device: NVIDIA GeForce6150SE nForce 430

There is a foot note: If you no longer use the device considering
uninstalling it.

THESE DRIVERS ARE CAUSING WINDOWS TO RESUME SLOWLY

NVIDIA Compatible Windows Vista Kernel Mode Driver Version 175.21
Filename: nvlddmkm.sys
Publisher: NVIDIA Corporation
Device: NVIDIA GeForce6150SE nForce 430

NVIDIA Compatible Windows Vista Kernel Mode Driver Version 162.22
Filename: nvlddmkm.sys
Publisher: NVIDIA Corporation
Device: NVIDIA GeForce6150SE nForce 430

Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver
Framework Reflector
Filename: WUDFRd.sys
Publisher: Microsoft
Device: Compact Flash

There is a foot note: If you no longer use the device considering
uninstalling it.

Using Windows Update I find NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 is up to date.
Besides, how can I uninstall the driver I still need to function my pc.

Would appreciate to receive advise how o resolve this problem.

--
hkgpuiching58
DL

Re: Drivers are interfering with Windows in and out sleep mode
You should never use msupdate to scource drivers
Drivers are obtained from either the PC makers site if large oem, eg Dell /
HP or Laptop, or if generic PC from hardware makers site

"smartsnake" <smartsnake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsFB5371F-7FA0-464F-962A-DBCC76D1C0DD@microsoft.com...
> OS Windows Vista Home Basic
>
> My computer is slow when entering in and resumes from sleep mode. System
> and
> maintenance/Performance Information and Tools displays the warnings:
>
> THESE DRIVERS ARE CAUSING WINDOWS TO STAND BY OR HIBERNATE SLOWLY
>
> NVIDIA Compatible Windows Vista Kernel Mode Driver Version 175.21
> Filename: nvlddmkm.sys
> Publisher: NVIDIA Corporation
> Device: NVIDIA GeForce6150SE nForce 430
>
> There is a foot note: If you no longer use the device considering
> uninstalling it.
>
> THESE DRIVERS ARE CAUSING WINDOWS TO RESUME SLOWLY
>
> NVIDIA Compatible Windows Vista Kernel Mode Driver Version 175.21
> Filename: nvlddmkm.sys
> Publisher: NVIDIA Corporation
> Device: NVIDIA GeForce6150SE nForce 430
>
> NVIDIA Compatible Windows Vista Kernel Mode Driver Version 162.22
> Filename: nvlddmkm.sys
> Publisher: NVIDIA Corporation
> Device: NVIDIA GeForce6150SE nForce 430
>
> Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver
> Framework Reflector
> Filename: WUDFRd.sys
> Publisher: Microsoft
> Device: Compact Flash
>
> There is a foot note: If you no longer use the device considering
> uninstalling it.
>
> Using Windows Update I find NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 is up to
> date.
> Besides, how can I uninstall the driver I still need to function my pc.
>
> Would appreciate to receive advise how o resolve this problem.
>

> --
> hkgpuiching58

smartsnake

Re: Drivers are interfering with Windows in and out sleep mode
DL, thank you for your advice.
I used the Device Manager/Display adapters/NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce
430/Roll Back Driver. After this action, "Roll Back Driver" button is
shadowed.
Now I find the time needed to enter sleep mode and resume from it is
signifantly shorter, though those warning messages are still displayed under
Performance and Tools page. May be I should minimize using the sleep mode in
the future.

NVIDIA just released an 98 MB update (for Windows Vista/Windows 7) in this
month for the driver I'm using, but I tend not to download/install and rock
the boat.
--
hkgpuiching58

"DL" wrote:

> You should never use msupdate to scource drivers
> Drivers are obtained from either the PC makers site if large oem, eg Dell /
> HP or Laptop, or if generic PC from hardware makers site
>
> "smartsnake" <smartsnake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsFB5371F-7FA0-464F-962A-DBCC76D1C0DD@microsoft.com...
> > OS Windows Vista Home Basic
> >
> > My computer is slow when entering in and resumes from sleep mode. System
> > and
> > maintenance/Performance Information and Tools displays the warnings:
> >
> > THESE DRIVERS ARE CAUSING WINDOWS TO STAND BY OR HIBERNATE SLOWLY
> >
> > NVIDIA Compatible Windows Vista Kernel Mode Driver Version 175.21
> > Filename: nvlddmkm.sys
> > Publisher: NVIDIA Corporation
> > Device: NVIDIA GeForce6150SE nForce 430
> >
> > There is a foot note: If you no longer use the device considering
> > uninstalling it.
> >
> > THESE DRIVERS ARE CAUSING WINDOWS TO RESUME SLOWLY
> >
> > NVIDIA Compatible Windows Vista Kernel Mode Driver Version 175.21
> > Filename: nvlddmkm.sys
> > Publisher: NVIDIA Corporation
> > Device: NVIDIA GeForce6150SE nForce 430
> >
> > NVIDIA Compatible Windows Vista Kernel Mode Driver Version 162.22
> > Filename: nvlddmkm.sys
> > Publisher: NVIDIA Corporation
> > Device: NVIDIA GeForce6150SE nForce 430
> >
> > Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver
> > Framework Reflector
> > Filename: WUDFRd.sys
> > Publisher: Microsoft
> > Device: Compact Flash
> >
> > There is a foot note: If you no longer use the device considering
> > uninstalling it.
> >
> > Using Windows Update I find NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 is up to
> > date.
> > Besides, how can I uninstall the driver I still need to function my pc.
> >
> > Would appreciate to receive advise how o resolve this problem.
> >

> > --
> > hkgpuiching58

> .

igotsaurus

Re: Drivers are interfering with Windows in and out sleep mode
Updating the video driver should not cause the behavior you are seeing. It
should be the cure.
There is nothing special about a video driver for a machine that runs Vista
basic.
The best drivers are only available from Nvidia and ATI, not the system
manufacturer. If you have paid for a higher end discreet graphics card,
whether desktop or laptop, the only way to get the performance you paid for
is with the latest drivers. Motherboard based GPUs like yours will also
benefit from the latest drivers.
In the many hundreds of laptops/desktops I have been through I have yet to
see a single one that reliably emerges from Microsoft sleep/death regardless
of OS and especially Win 7 and Vista (they are largely one and the same).
As your machine is running Vista basic this suggests an older, low end
machine. The slow down you are experiencing may have more to do with dust
build-up and heat more than anything else. Realize also that according to
Microsoft all problems with its OSes are due to third party vendors.

smartsnake

Re: Drivers are interfering with Windows in and out sleep mode
Hi igotsaurus, I also thank you for your comments.
Under Programs and Features/Remove NVIDIA Components, I see the follwoing 3

Remove all NVIDIA drivers including Display
Remove all NVIDIA drivers except Display
Remove only the following
NVIDIA Display Driver
NVIDIA Ethernet Driver Components

If I choose to "Remove all NVIDIA drivers except Display", would my computer
still able to function normally?

Although Vista Home Basic I havce is low end, but my machine is only 2 years
old and I use casually. The inside of the computer case is found to be very
clean during a routine pc cleaning.

Thank you

smartsnake