registry cleanup and defragmentation tools

Jason

registry cleanup and defragmentation tools
Dear all,

After many installation and de-installation of software, I found out that
the registry is kind of messy. I am looking for tools to clean up and remove
those unwanted links safely from my Vista. Any suggestion?

Also, I am not sure if the build in defrag tools is actually doing a good
job and seeking for advice on 3rd party tools to peform deep
defragmentation.

Thanks for your advice.

Jason

Victek

Re: registry cleanup and defragmentation tools

"Jason" <jsyip03@netvigator.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> After many installation and de-installation of software, I found out that
> the registry is kind of messy. I am looking for tools to clean up and
> remove those unwanted links safely from my Vista. Any suggestion?
>
> Also, I am not sure if the build in defrag tools is actually doing a good
> job and seeking for advice on 3rd party tools to peform deep
> defragmentation.
>
> Thanks for your advice.
>
> Jason

I use Perfect disk for defrag (www.raxco.com) Raxco has also come out
recently with "Perfect Disk Rx Suite" which includes a registry cleaner. I
have not tried it yet, but it claims the registry cleaner is very
conservative and safe. Both of these products are available as fully
functional "trial-ware" (15 days I think).

BurrWalnut

RE: registry cleanup and defragmentation tools
Jason

You don’t have to install OneCare but you can run a free scan, which also
cleans the registry, here
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/a...erformance.htm
The Vista version is still at the Beta testing stage but it worked for me.
It can take some time to run so be patient.