Shortcuts for most software programs point to Windows Media Player

antaresting

Shortcuts for most software programs point to Windows Media Player
Many of the shortcuts that I have throughout my system (Windows Vista
on a Dell Studio 1537) have suddenly started to point to Windows Media
Player. If I try to open software programs through a shortcut, most
open Windows Media Player. Has anyone else had this problem? It
started this morning. I'm having to go into the program folder and
open individual programs directly at the application.
Bob

Re: Shortcuts for most software programs point to Windows Media Player
Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
Web pages.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
Consider this: Whenever a new error condition appears on your computer, it
is almost certain that there was some change to the computer soon before the
problem began.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.php

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince
you that you owe it to the author. See also:
what else is
being carried along. Don't install any extras you're not sure of.