Vista Home Premium Freezes

Inspiron 1420 Laptop
Windows Vista Home Premium
Internet Explorer 8
Anti-Virus Webroot
PC Utility Inc. Error Fix

Startup/Shutdown- 5 to 7 minutes
When booted, three different blank (green screens) pop up.
The third, and last green screen closes after about 3 minutes
Once bootup is complete, icons may not work
If icons work, once initial program is closed, other icons wont work.
Programs in use may freeze or error messages says "X program is not working.
Program is closing."

I've done everything that has been suggested, including the "Error Fix"
program (which always finds and fixes problems) but not the problems listed
above.

I hope that the "collective consciousness) out there can help.

Winston

Re: Vista Home Premium Freezes
http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...c-c200466.html

--
..
--
<winston_cshm@msn.com> wrote in message
> Inspiron 1420 Laptop
> Windows Vista Home Premium
> Internet Explorer 8
> Anti-Virus Webroot
> PC Utility Inc. Error Fix
>
> Startup/Shutdown- 5 to 7 minutes
> When booted, three different blank (green screens) pop up.
> The third, and last green screen closes after about 3 minutes
> Once bootup is complete, icons may not work
> If icons work, once initial program is closed, other icons wont work.
> Programs in use may freeze or error messages says "X program is not
> working. Program is closing."
>
> I've done everything that has been suggested, including the "Error Fix"
> program (which always finds and fixes problems) but not the problems
> listed above.
>
> I hope that the "collective consciousness) out there can help.
>

> Winston

Re: Vista Home Premium Freezes
In Control Panel choose Problem Reports and Solutions (type problem in
Start's searchbox), go to Problem History, right click your error and choose
Check For Solution. You can also examine the details.

In Administrative Tools choose Reliability and Performance Monitor and
choose MonitoringTools then Reliability Monitor (type Reliability in search
on Start) . This list is a chart of software installs, uninstalls, Windows
updates, and crashes by date. See if your crashes started happening after
you installed or uninstalled something.

Also d/l http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html
Disable all non microsoft shell extensions and reenable one by one if it
helps.

You may wish to do clean boot
troubleshooting http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

--