Vista shut down problem

M.Peco

Vista shut down problem

Vista Home Premium connected with line to Siemens Gigaset 555 WLAN dsl
router , another connection to same router by Mac laptop. Internet
connection is set to " always on" for practical reasons. Mac laptop has not
any problem with such connection, but PC with Vista can't be shut down , it
stays always on , it can be shut down only by hard shut down (4 sec. press
power buton).
Please help, any usefull advice is welcome!

M.Peco,Croatia

Sasha

RE: Vista shut down problem
You can do a shutdown by just going into the Start Icon, bring up the Start
Menu, looking down their where you have the power button (inside the start
menu) and the lock button, just next to the lock on the right side is an
arrow, click it, then select shutdown.

Alternatively, you can make the sleep button become the shutdown button by
go throught these steps.
Start Menu, Control Panel, click System and Maintenance, click Power
Options, (in the classic view, just click Power Options), under what radio
button you have selected (like Balanced, High Performance...) click Change
Plan Settings, click Change Advance Settings, a window pops up, Find and
expand Power buttons and lid, expand Start menu power button, and click sleep
and choose shutdown.

Does that help?

"M.Peco" wrote:

> Vista Home Premium connected with line to Siemens Gigaset 555 WLAN dsl
> router , another connection to same router by Mac laptop. Internet
> connection is set to " always on" for practical reasons. Mac laptop has not
> any problem with such connection, but PC with Vista can't be shut down , it
> stays always on , it can be shut down only by hard shut down (4 sec. press
> power buton).
> Please help, any usefull advice is welcome!
>
> M.Peco,Croatia

Scissor

Re: Vista shut down problem

First thing I usually do is open the Event Viewer and review the Windows
Logs. The Application and System logs usually have good information
about what could be causing problems. Look for log entries around the
time that you try to shutdown the computer.

If you are not sure how to find the Event Logs search for "Event
Viewer" under Start Orb -> Help and Support.

====

You can also try unplugging as many of your USB devices as possible
(except for the mouse/keyboard of course) before shutting down to see if
one of them might be causing the problem.

--
Scissor
M.Peco

Re: Vista shut down problem

"Sasha" <Sasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You can do a shutdown by just going into the Start Icon, bring up the
> Start
> Menu, looking down their where you have the power button (inside the start
> menu) and the lock button, just next to the lock on the right side is an
> arrow, click it, then select shutdown.
>
> Alternatively, you can make the sleep button become the shutdown button by
> go throught these steps.
> Start Menu, Control Panel, click System and Maintenance, click Power
> Options, (in the classic view, just click Power Options), under what radio
> button you have selected (like Balanced, High Performance...) click Change
> Plan Settings, click Change Advance Settings, a window pops up, Find and
> expand Power buttons and lid, expand Start menu power button, and click
> sleep
> and choose shutdown.
>
> Does that help?

Of course it doesn't help ! You miss all problem! Shut down process simply
doesn't work, PC can not be shut down with use of software.

M.Peco

Thomas - Ungfar.dk

Re: Vista shut down problem
Hei all.

I talk to Microsoft 2 times today and we think we found out whats the
matter. I use a USBkey as readyboost and that was the problem. I removed it
and now my computer shutdown as it should.!!!!

We also found out that the motherboard chipset was not yet supported for
vista 64bit, only 32bit. But it had no effect on my problemm above.!

Hope you can use my info.. Please feedback to me. Thanks.

Also I will keep you all updated as my dialog with Microsoft progress.

/Thomas