Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Lexmark icon Missing in Notification Area

microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-28-2009
Paul Calcagno
 

Posts: n/a
Lexmark icon Missing in Notification Area
I'm running Vista Home Premium SP2 with 2 GB of RAM, all WU's, Firefox,
MBAM, SuperAntiSpywareProfessional, CCleaner, Spybot, CA Security Suite, and
WLM. The machine's running just great but after the last restart (to
complete the uninstall of Ad-Aware) my little Lexmark All-In-One printer
icon is missing from the notification area. It's usually placed right next
to my network icon. I've tried restarting the service (an app called
`lxcz_device') using `services.msc' but to no avail. The printer works just
fine.
Can anyone advise how to get that icon back again without doing another
restart? I hope this is the correct Newsgroup to post this to. Thanks,
PaulC.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-28-2009
Questor
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Lexmark icon Missing in Notification Area
--->
> I'm running Vista Home Premium SP2 with 2 GB of RAM, all WU's, Firefox,
> MBAM, SuperAntiSpywareProfessional, CCleaner, Spybot, CA Security Suite,
> and
> WLM. The machine's running just great but after the last restart (to
> complete the uninstall of Ad-Aware) my little Lexmark All-In-One printer
> icon is missing from the notification area. It's usually placed right next
> to my network icon. I've tried restarting the service (an app called
> `lxcz_device') using `services.msc' but to no avail. The printer works just
> fine.
> Can anyone advise how to get that icon back again without doing another
> restart? I hope this is the correct Newsgroup to post this to. Thanks,
> PaulC.
>
>


Try logging yourself off and logging back in. That usually clears up
any missing notification icons for me. Sometimes, on initial bootup, an
icon will go missing if the service starts late.

Questor
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2009
Robert Miles
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Lexmark icon Missing in Notification Area
"Paul Calcagno" <pcalcagno@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
news:uGa04h%23hKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> I'm running Vista Home Premium SP2 with 2 GB of RAM, all WU's, Firefox,
> MBAM, SuperAntiSpywareProfessional, CCleaner, Spybot, CA Security Suite,
> and
> WLM. The machine's running just great but after the last restart (to
> complete the uninstall of Ad-Aware) my little Lexmark All-In-One printer
> icon is missing from the notification area. It's usually placed right
> next
> to my network icon. I've tried restarting the service (an app called
> `lxcz_device') using `services.msc' but to no avail. The printer works
> just
> fine.
> Can anyone advise how to get that icon back again without doing another
> restart? I hope this is the correct Newsgroup to post this to. Thanks,
> PaulC.
>

Some of the icons disappear if you haven't clicked on them for a while.
Check if there's a < icon in the group; if there is, click on it to make the
disappeared icons reappear long enough that you can click on one of them.
It shouldn't matter if clicking on it doesn't do anything more than making
it
reappear on the short list.

Robert Miles


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2009
Paul Calcagno
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Lexmark icon Missing in Notification Area
Questor, the logging off and on worked to get the lexmark icon back, but it
created another issue: When I got back on and tried to open up my WLM,
instead of logging into Windows live automatically and then displaying my
mail, WLive started asking me for my Live ID and my PW neither of which I
could remember, and all of which were in an e-mail inside my inaccessible
WLM. Real pain in the butt. I finally had to do a restore to get my WLM
configurations back.
Any idea why a logoff/logon would do that to WLM? Paul C.

"Questor" <Questor@minimoe.com> wrote in message
news:#pB103$hKHA.5380@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> --->
>> I'm running Vista Home Premium SP2 with 2 GB of RAM, all WU's, Firefox,
>> MBAM, SuperAntiSpywareProfessional, CCleaner, Spybot, CA Security Suite,
>> and
>> WLM. The machine's running just great but after the last restart (to
>> complete the uninstall of Ad-Aware) my little Lexmark All-In-One printer
>> icon is missing from the notification area. It's usually placed right
>> next
>> to my network icon. I've tried restarting the service (an app called
>> `lxcz_device') using `services.msc' but to no avail. The printer works
>> just
>> fine.
>> Can anyone advise how to get that icon back again without doing another
>> restart? I hope this is the correct Newsgroup to post this to. Thanks,
>> PaulC.
>>
>>

>
> Try logging yourself off and logging back in. That usually clears up any
> missing notification icons for me. Sometimes, on initial bootup, an icon
> will go missing if the service starts late.
>
> Questor


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2009
Paul Calcagno
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Lexmark icon Missing in Notification Area
Robert, thanks for you reply. As I've just noted to Questor, I got the icon
back with a logoff. I could not exactly get what you were suggesting but
thanks for trying. PaulC.

"Robert Miles" <robertmiles@bellsouthNOSPAM.net> wrote in message
news:#qw529BiKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> "Paul Calcagno" <pcalcagno@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:uGa04h%23hKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> I'm running Vista Home Premium SP2 with 2 GB of RAM, all WU's, Firefox,
>> MBAM, SuperAntiSpywareProfessional, CCleaner, Spybot, CA Security Suite,
>> and
>> WLM. The machine's running just great but after the last restart (to
>> complete the uninstall of Ad-Aware) my little Lexmark All-In-One printer
>> icon is missing from the notification area. It's usually placed right
>> next
>> to my network icon. I've tried restarting the service (an app called
>> `lxcz_device') using `services.msc' but to no avail. The printer works
>> just
>> fine.
>> Can anyone advise how to get that icon back again without doing another
>> restart? I hope this is the correct Newsgroup to post this to. Thanks,
>> PaulC.
>>

> Some of the icons disappear if you haven't clicked on them for a while.
> Check if there's a < icon in the group; if there is, click on it to make
> the
> disappeared icons reappear long enough that you can click on one of them.
> It shouldn't matter if clicking on it doesn't do anything more than making
> it
> reappear on the short list.
>
> Robert Miles
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2009
Questor
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Lexmark icon Missing in Notification Area
My WLM does that occasionally. Usually after some sort of WLM update.
Most of the time though it will retain username/password for use every
time I start it. I do NOT let it start with the computer when booting
though. I start it manually after the computer boots completely up.
That way, I'm not shown logging in before I want to be logged in.

Questor

--->
> Questor, the logging off and on worked to get the lexmark icon back, but
> it created another issue: When I got back on and tried to open up my
> WLM, instead of logging into Windows live automatically and then
> displaying my mail, WLive started asking me for my Live ID and my PW
> neither of which I could remember, and all of which were in an e-mail
> inside my inaccessible WLM. Real pain in the butt. I finally had to do a
> restore to get my WLM configurations back.
> Any idea why a logoff/logon would do that to WLM? Paul C.
>
> "Questor" <Questor@minimoe.com> wrote in message
> news:#pB103$hKHA.5380@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> --->
>>> I'm running Vista Home Premium SP2 with 2 GB of RAM, all WU's, Firefox,
>>> MBAM, SuperAntiSpywareProfessional, CCleaner, Spybot, CA Security Suite,
>>> and
>>> WLM. The machine's running just great but after the last restart (to
>>> complete the uninstall of Ad-Aware) my little Lexmark All-In-One printer
>>> icon is missing from the notification area. It's usually placed right
>>> next
>>> to my network icon. I've tried restarting the service (an app called
>>> `lxcz_device') using `services.msc' but to no avail. The printer
>>> works just
>>> fine.
>>> Can anyone advise how to get that icon back again without doing another
>>> restart? I hope this is the correct Newsgroup to post this to. Thanks,
>>> PaulC.
>>>
>>>

>>
>> Try logging yourself off and logging back in. That usually clears up
>> any missing notification icons for me. Sometimes, on initial bootup,
>> an icon will go missing if the service starts late.
>>
>> Questor

>


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2009
Questor
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Lexmark icon Missing in Notification Area
Robert was telling you of the little "<" symbol that will appear if you
have the "Group similar taskbar icons" box checked in the Taskbar
Properties. If it unchecked, then you don't see the little caret.

Questor

--->
> Robert, thanks for you reply. As I've just noted to Questor, I got the
> icon back with a logoff. I could not exactly get what you were
> suggesting but thanks for trying. PaulC.
>
> "Robert Miles" <robertmiles@bellsouthNOSPAM.net> wrote in message
> news:#qw529BiKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> "Paul Calcagno" <pcalcagno@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
>> news:uGa04h%23hKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> I'm running Vista Home Premium SP2 with 2 GB of RAM, all WU's, Firefox,
>>> MBAM, SuperAntiSpywareProfessional, CCleaner, Spybot, CA Security
>>> Suite, and
>>> WLM. The machine's running just great but after the last restart (to
>>> complete the uninstall of Ad-Aware) my little Lexmark All-In-One printer
>>> icon is missing from the notification area. It's usually placed right
>>> next
>>> to my network icon. I've tried restarting the service (an app called
>>> `lxcz_device') using `services.msc' but to no avail. The printer
>>> works just
>>> fine.
>>> Can anyone advise how to get that icon back again without doing another
>>> restart? I hope this is the correct Newsgroup to post this to. Thanks,
>>> PaulC.
>>>

>> Some of the icons disappear if you haven't clicked on them for a while.
>> Check if there's a < icon in the group; if there is, click on it to
>> make the
>> disappeared icons reappear long enough that you can click on one of them.
>> It shouldn't matter if clicking on it doesn't do anything more than
>> making it
>> reappear on the short list.
>>
>> Robert Miles
>>
>>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lexmark icon Missing in Notification Area Paul Calcagno microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 0 12-28-2009 16:57
Notification Area Icon JamesJ microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 9 07-01-2009 04:09
POWER icon missing from Notification area of tray Henry microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 8 08-28-2008 07:26
Notification Area Icon Sam Steinhauser microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 1 01-04-2008 00:22
Notification area - 'downloading' icon =?Utf-8?B?TGVlMjUwOQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 04-19-2007 14:46




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:46.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120