On-Screen Keyboard is HUGE!

LuLu

On-Screen Keyboard is HUGE!
I've tried everything to try to reduce my on-screen KB to it's default size,
including 'system restore (4 times), which failed for some reason, shutting
the whole thing off, restarts, etc. I have no idea what I did & it currently
falls off the 18" x 20" screen so that I can hardly find the menu to 'exit'!
Please, anyone have any idea? Thanks, much appreciated...
--
I hate Vista

Re: On-Screen Keyboard is HUGE!
What happens when you open a card game in Windows?

--
..
--
"LuLu" <LuLu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've tried everything to try to reduce my on-screen KB to it's default
> size,
> including 'system restore (4 times), which failed for some reason,
> shutting
> the whole thing off, restarts, etc. I have no idea what I did & it
> currently
> falls off the 18" x 20" screen so that I can hardly find the menu to
> 'exit'!
> Please, anyone have any idea? Thanks, much appreciated...
> --
> I hate Vista

Bob

Re: On-Screen Keyboard is HUGE!
Since you "tried everything" there is nothing else to do.

"LuLu" <LuLu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've tried everything to try to reduce my on-screen KB to it's default
> size,
> including 'system restore (4 times), which failed for some reason,
> shutting
> the whole thing off, restarts, etc. I have no idea what I did & it
> currently
> falls off the 18" x 20" screen so that I can hardly find the menu to
> 'exit'!
> Please, anyone have any idea? Thanks, much appreciated...
> --
> I hate Vistafe

Questor

Re: On-Screen Keyboard is HUGE!
There is a good chance you default window has been changed. Try going
to the program itself under Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Ease
of Access and RIGHT-click 'on screen keyboard' to get to it's Properties
menu.

Once there, check the drop-down list for "Run: " and see if it has
changed from 'Normal Window' to 'Maximized'. If it has, then change it
back to normal.

You should also be able to double-click the very top title bar of the
window and reduce it back to normal size.

Questor

--->
> "LuLu" <LuLu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I've tried everything to try to reduce my on-screen KB to it's default
>> size,
>> including 'system restore (4 times), which failed for some reason,
>> shutting
>> the whole thing off, restarts, etc. I have no idea what I did & it
>> currently
>> falls off the 18" x 20" screen so that I can hardly find the menu to
>> 'exit'!
>> Please, anyone have any idea? Thanks, much appreciated...
>> --
>> I hate Vistafe

Bob

Re: On-Screen Keyboard is HUGE!
The OP already tried that.

"Questor" <Questor@minimoe.com> wrote in message
> There is a good chance you default window has been changed. Try going to
> the program itself under Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Ease of
> Access and RIGHT-click 'on screen keyboard' to get to it's Properties
> menu.
>
> Once there, check the drop-down list for "Run: " and see if it has changed
> from 'Normal Window' to 'Maximized'. If it has, then change it back to
> normal.
>
> You should also be able to double-click the very top title bar of the
> window and reduce it back to normal size.
>
> Questor
>
> --->
>> "LuLu" <LuLu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I've tried everything to try to reduce my on-screen KB to it's default
>>> size,
>>> including 'system restore (4 times), which failed for some reason,
>>> shutting
>>> the whole thing off, restarts, etc. I have no idea what I did & it
>>> currently
>>> falls off the 18" x 20" screen so that I can hardly find the menu to
>>> 'exit'!
>>> Please, anyone have any idea? Thanks, much appreciated...
>>> --
>>> I hate Vistafe

LuLu

Re: On-Screen Keyboard is HUGE!
Thank you, Questor, for your suggestions. I checked the default window and
that was never changed - still reads "Normal". I cannot click on the title
bar since it is off the screen. I can't grab it to move it in any way. I
barely can hover over the drop down menus in order to exit & get rid of it.

Card games open normal size. (What is an "OP"?)

I appreciate the time you took to reply with some constructive suggestions.
I did not consciously do anything to change or maximize this KB and I would
not play around with something unless I was pretty sure I knew what I was
doing. Do you have any other ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.
--
I hate Vista

"Questor" wrote:

> There is a good chance you default window has been changed. Try going
> to the program itself under Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Ease
> of Access and RIGHT-click 'on screen keyboard' to get to it's Properties
> menu.
>
> Once there, check the drop-down list for "Run: " and see if it has
> changed from 'Normal Window' to 'Maximized'. If it has, then change it
> back to normal.
>
> You should also be able to double-click the very top title bar of the
> window and reduce it back to normal size.
>
> Questor
>
> --->
> > "LuLu" <LuLu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> I've tried everything to try to reduce my on-screen KB to it's default
> >> size,
> >> including 'system restore (4 times), which failed for some reason,
> >> shutting
> >> the whole thing off, restarts, etc. I have no idea what I did & it
> >> currently
> >> falls off the 18" x 20" screen so that I can hardly find the menu to
> >> 'exit'!
> >> Please, anyone have any idea? Thanks, much appreciated...
> >> --
> >> I hate Vistafe

> .

Questor

Re: On-Screen Keyboard is HUGE!
Not really. The help panel for the OSK (on-screen keyboard) gives this
web site as a reference:

http://www.microsoft.com/enable/products/madentec.aspx

A further link on this page produces the web site of the actual
manufacturer:

http://www.madentec.com/supporting-media/?id=1

Note that this is the full version and is PAYWARE. However, there is a
Customer Service and a Contact Us link on that page. Maybe someone
there could help you.

I checked my version of OSK and see that it is NOT sizeable. Yoiu get
whatever size it comes up as. This means that somehow your version has
become corrupted I would guess.

See if the creators can help you.

"OP" generally refers to the Original Post or the Original Poster.

Questor

--->
> Thank you, Questor, for your suggestions. I checked the default window and
> that was never changed - still reads "Normal". I cannot click on the title
> bar since it is off the screen. I can't grab it to move it in any way. I
> barely can hover over the drop down menus in order to exit& get rid of it.
>
> Card games open normal size. (What is an "OP"?)
>
> I appreciate the time you took to reply with some constructive suggestions.
> I did not consciously do anything to change or maximize this KB and I would
> not play around with something unless I was pretty sure I knew what I was
> doing. Do you have any other ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

LuLu

Re: On-Screen Keyboard is HUGE!
Once again, thank you, Questor. I am so disgusted with Vista and all its
inherent problems - unresponsive regular keyboard; inability to print from
the Internet directly into Works or Word; freezing up for no reason ALL THE
TIME; unable to associate files; mystery after mystery. I am not equipped or
savvy enough to deal with this and will try to figure out a way to install
Windows XP or buy a new PC with Win 7 after all the bugs are worked out on
that package. I'll take a look at the web sites you mention but I'm sure
it's over my head. I certainly do not intend to pay for anything more in
connection with this. I already bought a new hard keyboard and still have
typing problems . MS should compensate us poor slobs with limited
abilities...
--
I hate Vista

"Questor" wrote:

> Not really. The help panel for the OSK (on-screen keyboard) gives this
> web site as a reference:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/enable/products/madentec.aspx
>
> A further link on this page produces the web site of the actual
> manufacturer:
>
> http://www.madentec.com/supporting-media/?id=1
>
> Note that this is the full version and is PAYWARE. However, there is a
> Customer Service and a Contact Us link on that page. Maybe someone
> there could help you.
>
> I checked my version of OSK and see that it is NOT sizeable. Yoiu get
> whatever size it comes up as. This means that somehow your version has
> become corrupted I would guess.
>
> See if the creators can help you.
>

> "OP" generally refers to the Original Post or the Original Poster.
>
> Questor
>

> --->
> > Thank you, Questor, for your suggestions. I checked the default window and
> > that was never changed - still reads "Normal". I cannot click on the title
> > bar since it is off the screen. I can't grab it to move it in any way. I
> > barely can hover over the drop down menus in order to exit& get rid of it.
> >
> > Card games open normal size. (What is an "OP"?)
> >
> > I appreciate the time you took to reply with some constructive suggestions.
> > I did not consciously do anything to change or maximize this KB and I would
> > not play around with something unless I was pretty sure I knew what I was
> > doing. Do you have any other ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

> .

LuLu

Re: On-Screen Keyboard is HUGE!
SA
--
I hate Vista

"Bob" wrote:

> Since you "tried everything" there is nothing else to do.
>
> "LuLu" <LuLu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've tried everything to try to reduce my on-screen KB to it's default
> > size,
> > including 'system restore (4 times), which failed for some reason,
> > shutting
> > the whole thing off, restarts, etc. I have no idea what I did & it
> > currently
> > falls off the 18" x 20" screen so that I can hardly find the menu to
> > 'exit'!
> > Please, anyone have any idea? Thanks, much appreciated...
> > --
> > I hate Vistafe

> .

Bob