Dell laptop and Vista

debbie gallant

Dell laptop and Vista
Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. A friend of ours is using a dell laptop running vista. His recovery drive is being used for storage and not going to the original hard drive(c). Is there a remedy for this? Can this be fixed where all the data goes to the (c) drive and not the recovery drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Silverlight 2 RC0 Doing Data Part VIII : Using the Threadpool
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...0-doing-d.aspx
Dave T.

Re: Dell laptop and Vista
debbie gallant wrote:
> Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. A friend of ours is using a dell laptop running vista. His recovery drive is being used for storage and not going to the original hard drive(c). Is there a remedy for this? Can this be fixed where all the data goes to the (c) drive and not the recovery drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Silverlight 2 RC0 Doing Data Part VIII : Using the Threadpool
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...0-doing-d.aspx

No matter the source, you can specify the precise location for an item
to be saved.

In the case of a user-created document, the save dialog allows you to
name the drive and folder to save to. In the case of a downloaded item
from the 'net, open the options item in the menu bar of your browser and
find the entry for where to save downloaded items. Put it where you want it.

Dave T.
prasad

RE: Dell laptop and Vista
If I understood your issue correctly, whenever you try to install a program,
by default it chooses the recovery partition and not the active directory
(C, is that correct?

If Yes, then try the following steps and let me know the result.
1. Click on start, type regedit in the start search and press enter.
2. Navigate to the following locations and check the ProgramFilesDir path.
Change to C:\ProgramFiles if it is not the path.
hklm\software\microsoft\windows\current version
hklm\software\microsoft\windows\current version\explorer
hklm\software\microsoft\windows\current version\explorer\shell folders
3. Restart the computer and try to install a program.