Any programs or sites that re-install system files?

93Rado

Any programs or sites that re-install system files?

I ran a sfcscan and... It seems I have some corrupt files. This laptop
doesn't have a recovery/reformat drive or i'd just reformat the laptop.
Moreover, I don't have a recovery disc for vista, just Win-7.

Perhaps anyone can pinpoint me in the right direction?

I have the CBS file... However it's close to 24MBs...

--
93Rado
ashvin

Re: Any programs or sites that re-install system files?

hey download the iso image for windows vista.. write it ona dvd.... any
version of vista can be used for repairs.. then run a windows repair

--
ashvin

Just chill
-pls post your feedback on my reputation, would be of great help to
fine tune and provide better support..-
93Rado

Re: Any programs or sites that re-install system files?

Alrighty, I guess it's my only choice. Thanks a ton.

Would you happen to know if it's also the cause for all my browsers to
lock up every once in a while? I'm pretty sure it has to do with flash.
Which when I try to uninstall and reinstall, it locks up and fails... So
my flash is pretty much improperly installed.

I also got a code 646 trying to install some more updates...

--
93Rado
93Rado

Re: Any programs or sites that re-install system files?

I downloaded and burnt the ISO file and booted up from the CD... All I
get is Startup repair, System Restore, Windows Complete PC Restore,
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool, and cmd prompt...

I ran the WMDT and startup repair... None of those seem to be tools to
fix corrupted sys files...

I would do the install from the recovery, however, I don't have a Vista
key on me... All that info is back in California.

I do have a Windows 7 Home Premium System Recovery disc set that came
with my new laptop from HP last week... The laptop i'm working on is a
Toshiba though... Can I use these 2 discs and just install Windows 7
instead? Or can anyone assist me with the Vista disc...

--
93Rado
DL

Re: Any programs or sites that re-install system files?
No, the win7 disk is specific to your new HP