Can't use Aero theme

snowburnt

Can't use Aero theme
I had some profile errors the other day. I was able to recover my
profile, but now I am unable to use the Aero color scheme. Anyone know
of a way to get it back?

Thanks,

dean-dean

Re: Can't use Aero theme
Is "Windows Vista" a choice in Control Panel\Personalization\Theme? If not,
try "Update my score" in Control Panel\Performance Information and Tools.

"snowburnt" <snowburnt@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1178578372.777964.128340@y80g2000hsf.googlegr oups.com...
>I had some profile errors the other day. I was able to recover my
> profile, but now I am unable to use the Aero color scheme. Anyone know
> of a way to get it back?
>
> Thanks,

snowburnt

Re: Can't use Aero theme
On May 8, 12:56 am, "dean-dean" <dean-d...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Is "Windows Vista" a choice in Control Panel\Personalization\Theme? If not,
> try "Update my score" in Control Panel\Performance Information and Tools.
>
> "snowburnt" <snowbu...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1178578372.777964.128340@y80g2000hsf.googlegr oups.com...
>

> >I had some profile errors the other day. I was able to recover my
> > profile, but now I am unable to use the Aero color scheme. Anyone know
> > of a way to get it back?

> > Thanks,- Hide quoted text -

It is an choice, I have a 3.8 score. Aero Color scheme is not a
choice however, only vista basic.

Mary

Re: Can't use Aero theme
Try this--open Personalize, Windows Colors, click on 'Open classic
appearance...' and select Aero there.

On May 8, 4:39 pm, Mary <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Try this--open Personalize, Windows Colors, click on 'Open classic
> appearance...' and select Aero there.
>

> "snowburnt" wrote:
> > On May 8, 12:56 am, "dean-dean" <dean-d...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Is "Windows Vista" a choice in Control Panel\Personalization\Theme? If not,
> > > try "Update my score" in Control Panel\Performance Information and Tools.

> > > "snowburnt" <snowbu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > >news:1178578372.777964.128340@y80g2000hsf.googleg roups.com...

> > It is an choice, I have a 3.8 score. Aero Color scheme is not a
> > choice however, only vista basic.- Hide quoted text -

I don't have that choice--It automatically opens in classic appearance
and Aero isn't there to chose, even though the style files are in the
c:\windows\resources directory.

Is there a way to do a repair install of vista?

banjoboy

Re: Can't use Aero theme

Hey, I have the exact same problem. Yesterday I noticed that my acer
aspire 6935, which indeed can run aero, was gone to the basic vista
theme or color arrangement if you could say so. It's not a huge problem
which causes much confusion, but I want my aero theme back. I've tried
to update my score and then look whether it was there or not, it wasn't.
I've looked for it in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes and it's right there.
I tried to open it and it shows Windows Vista in themesettings/options
(I'm from Denmark and don't know the english name of it). I've tried it
before and it also tricked me in the start, but then I magically found a
way to figure it out, I don't remember that way.

Please help?

--
banjoboy