Can't uninstall a download

Kay

Can't uninstall a download
I mistakenly downloaded MS Winter Fun Pack 2004 for XP on my Vista computer,
I didn't see that it said for XP when I downloaded and installed it. Using
the uninstall in Control panel, I tried to uninstall. I got back an error
(1713) message that say's 'can't install'. Please help me get this program
uninstalled.

Thank you.
Ǝиçεl

RE: Can't uninstall a download
Hello Kay,

Try to remove it with Revo Uninstaller, then run CCleaner's.

<http://www.revouninstaller.com/>

Use the REVO uninstaller (fourth/last option).
Also, try in Tools -> Optimization -. Junk Files Cleaner – Scan -(give it
some time) - Delete

Also, Tools -> Tracks Cleaner, for
Browser Cleaner
Microsoft Office Cleaner
Windows Cleaner
Evidence Remover
Unrecoverable Remover

<http://www.ccleaner.com>
Note, uncheck Yahoos Toolbar

Download the basic version via
<http://www.ccleaner.com/download/builds.aspx>
The basic version does not contain the disgusted Toolbar

Ǝиçεl
◕‿◕
-=-

"Kay" wrote:

> I mistakenly downloaded MS Winter Fun Pack 2004 for XP on my Vista computer,
> I didn't see that it said for XP when I downloaded and installed it. Using
> the uninstall in Control panel, I tried to uninstall. I got back an error
> (1713) message that say's 'can't install'. Please help me get this program
> uninstalled.
>
> Thank you.

SC Tom

"Kay" <Kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I mistakenly downloaded MS Winter Fun Pack 2004 for XP on my Vista
> computer,
> I didn't see that it said for XP when I downloaded and installed it.
> Using
> the uninstall in Control panel, I tried to uninstall. I got back an error
> (1713) message that say's 'can't install'. Please help me get this
> program
> uninstalled.
>
> Thank you.

On top of what Ǝиçεl said, you can also try the MS Installer Cleanup
Utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
--
SC Tom

Kay

Re: Can't uninstall a download
Tom,
I downloaded the MS Installer Cleanup but was concerned when I read that it
require that I re-install some or all applications that used the Windows
Installer technology to be installed. If I understand this correctly, I
might lose programs if I use the Cleanup. Have you lost any when you used
the Cleanup?
Thanks,
Kay

"SC Tom" wrote:

> "Kay" <Kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I mistakenly downloaded MS Winter Fun Pack 2004 for XP on my Vista
> > computer,
> > I didn't see that it said for XP when I downloaded and installed it.
> > Using
> > the uninstall in Control panel, I tried to uninstall. I got back an error
> > (1713) message that say's 'can't install'. Please help me get this
> > program
> > uninstalled.
> >
> > Thank you.

> On top of what Ǝиçεl said, you can also try the MS Installer Cleanup
> Utility:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
> --
> SC Tom
>
> .

SC Tom

Re: Can't uninstall a download
No, I've never lost anything with it that I didn't want to lose. When you
run it, a list of programs comes up that you can use it on. Just pick the
Fun Pack from the list and go from there. If by chance it's not listed, we
can go on from there to something else. The programs are listed by category
(User, System), then alphabetically, so be sure to scroll through the whole
list.
--

> Tom,
> I downloaded the MS Installer Cleanup but was concerned when I read that
> it
> require that I re-install some or all applications that used the Windows
> Installer technology to be installed. If I understand this correctly, I
> might lose programs if I use the Cleanup. Have you lost any when you used
> the Cleanup?
> Thanks,
> Kay
>
> "SC Tom" wrote:
>

>> "Kay" <Kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I mistakenly downloaded MS Winter Fun Pack 2004 for XP on my Vista
>> > computer,
>> > I didn't see that it said for XP when I downloaded and installed it.
>> > Using
>> > the uninstall in Control panel, I tried to uninstall. I got back an
>> > error
>> > (1713) message that say's 'can't install'. Please help me get this
>> > program
>> > uninstalled.
>> >
>> > Thank you.

>> On top of what Ǝиçεl said, you can also try the MS Installer Cleanup
>> Utility:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
>> --
>> SC Tom
>>
>> .

Bob

Re: Can't uninstall a download
Run System Restore.

"Kay" <Kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I mistakenly downloaded MS Winter Fun Pack 2004 for XP on my Vista
>computer,
> I didn't see that it said for XP when I downloaded and installed it.
> Using
> the uninstall in Control panel, I tried to uninstall. I got back an error
> (1713) message that say's 'can't install'. Please help me get this
> program
> uninstalled.
>
> Thank you.

Kay

Re: Can't uninstall a download
Thanks, Tom. Just got around to doing this and it did work. Thanks, again,
and Happy Holidays!
Kay

"SC Tom" wrote:

> No, I've never lost anything with it that I didn't want to lose. When you
> run it, a list of programs comes up that you can use it on. Just pick the
> Fun Pack from the list and go from there. If by chance it's not listed, we
> can go on from there to something else. The programs are listed by category
> (User, System), then alphabetically, so be sure to scroll through the whole
> list.
> --
> SC Tom
>
> "Kay" <Kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Tom,
> > I downloaded the MS Installer Cleanup but was concerned when I read that
> > it
> > require that I re-install some or all applications that used the Windows
> > Installer technology to be installed. If I understand this correctly, I
> > might lose programs if I use the Cleanup. Have you lost any when you used
> > the Cleanup?
> > Thanks,
> > Kay
> >
> > "SC Tom" wrote:
> >

> >> "Kay" <Kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> On top of what Ǝиçεl said, you can also try the MS Installer Cleanup
> >> Utility:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
> >> --
> >> SC Tom
> >>
> >> .
> >>

> .

SC Tom

Re: Can't uninstall a download
You're welcome! I'm glad it worked for you.
Happy holidays to you, too!