Disk Defrag

gold1803

Disk Defrag
Are there some good free degrag programs that anyone would recommend?Thanks

Ǝиçεl

RE: Disk Defrag
Google is your friend. Don't be afraid of it.

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=...2A&sac=1&sao=1
"gold1803" wrote:

> Are there some good free degrag programs that anyone would recommend?Thanks
>

> Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
> .

Richard G. Harper

Re: Disk Defrag
The one that comes with Windows and runs automatically is just fine.

"gold1803" wrote in message news:#X5niBxcKHA.4112@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Are there some good free degrag programs that anyone would
> recommend?Thanks
>

> Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

Bruce Chambers

Re: Disk Defrag
gold1803 wrote:
> Are there some good free degrag programs that anyone would recommend?Thanks

Vista's built-in defragmentation utility is more than adequate for most
uses. It's basically a "set & forget" chore.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Poutnik

Re: Disk Defrag
In article <#X5niBxcKHA.4112@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, gold1803 says...

> Are there some good free degrag programs that anyone would recommend?Thanks
>

> Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

http://www.mydefrag.com

MyDefrag is a disk defragmenter and optimizer (a maintenance utility to
make your harddisk faster) for Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, 2008,
Win7, and for X64. It is freeware, no time limit, fully functional, no
advertisements. Fast, low overhead, with many optimization strategies,
can handle floppies, USB disks, memory sticks, and anything else that
looks like a disk to Windows. Included are a set of easy to use scripts
for endusers, a scripting engine for demanding users, a screensaver,
and a combined Windows plus commandline version that can be scheduled
by the Windows task scheduler or for use from administrator scripts.

--
Poutnik
The best depends on how the best is defined.
eXXoTekK

Re: Disk Defrag
Auslogics Disk Defrag is one of the fastest, and my personal favorite defrag
out there. It runs great, fast, as Vista defrag can take hours, Auslogics
can take minutes.

Poutnik

Re: Disk Defrag
In article <94E34D89-2383-45A4-9A9F-17D6E462F9C2@microsoft.com>,
exxotekk@comcast.net says...

> Auslogics Disk Defrag is one of the fastest, and my personal favorite defrag
> out there. It runs great, fast, as Vista defrag can take hours, Auslogics
> can take minutes.

Every program would take hours, running in mode MSDefrag is running.