backup failed

Walter Goldschmidt

backup failed
For some reason my sons laptop has a small pop up window in the taskbar that
says last back up failed. Is there a way to fix this?

Walt

peter

Re: backup failed
yes
find out what program is doing the backups
and to where and then try one manually.
My guess from the info you have given us is that
its not configured correctly.

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

"Walter Goldschmidt" <wgold@woh.rr.com> wrote in message
> For some reason my sons laptop has a small pop up window in the taskbar
> that says last back up failed. Is there a way to fix this?
>
> Walt

Walter Goldschmidt

Re: backup failed
I'm assuming it's a Windows backup because I don't have any other backup
programs on the computer. This computer has Vista Home Premium on it.

"peter" <peter@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> yes
> find out what program is doing the backups
> and to where and then try one manually.
> My guess from the info you have given us is that
> its not configured correctly.
>
> peter
>
> --
> If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate
> or disruptive,please ignore it.
> If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain
> to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-)
>
> "Walter Goldschmidt" <wgold@woh.rr.com> wrote in message
>> For some reason my sons laptop has a small pop up window in the taskbar
>> that says last back up failed. Is there a way to fix this?
>>
>> Walt

peter

Re: backup failed
I don't use msbackup but you should be able to open
the program and check its settings.Its usually under
start/all programs/accessories/system tools.

If its part of the "schedules Tasks" there are problems
with scheduled programs doing their stuff if there is no
password on the account.

You can also look under Control Panel/computer management/
event viewer/application........name of backup program.
Whats there can be posted verbatim here