the computer locks instead of hibernating

Urizen

the computer locks instead of hibernating
Hello!

When I select hibernate from the shut down menu, the screen turns dark and
then a message appears: "Locking computer...". After that the login-screen
pops up.

Hibernate used to work quite well in the beginning, and I have no idea what
went wrong.

Can anyone help me to solve this issue?

I am thankful for any help,
Rui Nunes
Questor

Re: the computer locks instead of hibernating
--->
> Hello!
>
> When I select hibernate from the shut down menu, the screen turns dark and
> then a message appears: "Locking computer...". After that the login-screen
> pops up.
>
> Hibernate used to work quite well in the beginning, and I have no idea what
> went wrong.
>
> Can anyone help me to solve this issue?
>
> I am thankful for any help,
> Rui Nunes

What flavor of Vista is this? Is your computer a laptop? If so, does
this happen both when plugged in and unplugged? It could be something
being allowed to bring the system out of hibernation like your network
or USB device.

Questor

urizen is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: the computer locks instead of hibernating
Hi there,

My laptop is a Fujitsu-Siemens P8020 and it is running Windows Vista Business 32-bit. I also have a SuSe Linux Boot Loader installed because it also runs openSUSE 11.2

The computer never enters hibernation; the command is to hibernate, but it simply locks the computer, even when it reaches the critical battery level. I am not sure if this behaviour started to happen since I installed SuSE Linux 11.2 or if it was due to the installation of the latest Microsoft Updates.

Such behaviour always occurs despite the fact if the laptop is plugged or unplugged. Regarding the possibility that it could be due to some devices that the system is brought out of hibernation, it doesn't happen, as I do not have such features enabled, neither for a network nor for a USB device.

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Thank you very much for all the attention given.

Best regards,
Rui Nunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questor View Post