Can't change my desktop wallpaper in Vista

Adam Ferrero

Can't change my desktop wallpaper in Vista
The other day I tried to change my background, but when I opened up the personalize menu, the desktop background option had literally vanished. It's no longer on the list. While I thought this was weird, it got even weirder when I tried to apply a new wallpaper directly by right clicking on the desired image and clicking "set as Desktop Background". Rather than changing the desktop to the image I wanted, the desktop background became black, and nothing would change it. When I tried restarting, it was the same wallpaper I had before I tried to change it, and when I repeated the same steps, the same thing happened.

Does anyone know what might be causing this, and how to fix this?

Windows Forms .NET DataGrid ComboBox Columns And Custom Row Coloring
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...et-datagr.aspx
Bob

Re: Can't change my desktop wallpaper in Vista
Which firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware or security suite is installed?

There are some that cause problems which don't always appear immediately.

"Adam Ferrero" wrote in message
> The other day I tried to change my background, but when I opened up the
> personalize menu, the desktop background option had literally vanished.
> It's no longer on the list. While I thought this was weird, it got even
> weirder when I tried to apply a new wallpaper directly by right clicking
> on the desired image and clicking "set as Desktop Background". Rather than
> changing the desktop to the image I wanted, the desktop background became
> black, and nothing would change it. When I tried restarting, it was the
> same wallpaper I had before I tried to change it, and when I repeated the
> same steps, the same thing happened.
>
> Does anyone know what might be causing this, and how to fix this?

> Windows Forms .NET DataGrid ComboBox Columns And Custom Row Coloring
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...et-datagr.aspx

Adam Ferrero

I'm currently using Eset Smart Security 4.

Bob wrote:

Which firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware or security suite is installed?
30-Nov-09

Which firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware or security suite is installed?

There are some that cause problems which do not always appear immediately.

"Adam Ferrero" wrote in message

SILVERLIGHT CROSS-DOMAIN / CLIENTACCESSPOLICY FILE CHECKER
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ossdomain.aspx

Bob wrote:

Which firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware or security suite is installed?
30-Nov-09

Which firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware or security suite is installed?

There are some that cause problems which do not always appear immediately.

"Adam Ferrero" wrote in message

The .NET Languages: A Quick Translation Guide
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ges-a-qui.aspx

Bob wrote:

Which firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware or security suite is installed?
30-Nov-09

Which firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware or security suite is installed?

There are some that cause problems which do not always appear immediately.

"Adam Ferrero" wrote in message

Note to Active Forum Posters
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...orum-post.aspx