after 64bit

Younes

after 64bit
the story so far:

i was using sony vaio, VGN-FE48G/H, vista home premium

Processor: intel® Core™2 CPU T7200 @2.00GHZ
memory (RAM): 1022MB
Vista home premiuum 32-bit Operating system
i ran a TuneUp Utilities 2007 scan and it stated :
" your computer has a 64bit processer, but your current windows version only
uses 32 of the available 64bits. you should consider upgrading to a 64bit
version of your operating system to benefit from iproved security and better
system performance"

so i set out to buy Vista Ultimate 64bit i installed a clean version then i
went to downloading the
nvidia fom http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_158.24.html

now i'm instaling the updates but, i have thes issues:
1.my built in camera doesn't work(lookin 4 a solution)
2.My blutouth doesn't work too
3.the built in Lan settings disapeared
4.using norton 360 its ok but slowing down

Sasha

RE: after 64bit
Who made your built in camera, bluetouth device, what built in Lan settings...?

Norton Antivirus and most of Systemsworks don't work. You have to use things
like AVast Antivirus and built in features of windows vista.

"Younes" wrote:

> the story so far:
>
> i was using sony vaio, VGN-FE48G/H, vista home premium
>
> Processor: intel® Core™2 CPU T7200 @2.00GHZ
> memory (RAM): 1022MB
> Vista home premiuum 32-bit Operating system
> i ran a TuneUp Utilities 2007 scan and it stated :
> " your computer has a 64bit processer, but your current windows version only
> uses 32 of the available 64bits. you should consider upgrading to a 64bit
> version of your operating system to benefit from iproved security and better
> system performance"
>
> so i set out to buy Vista Ultimate 64bit i installed a clean version then i
> went to downloading the
> nvidia fom http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_158.24.html
>
> now i'm instaling the updates but, i have thes issues:
> 1.my built in camera doesn't work(lookin 4 a solution)
> 2.My blutouth doesn't work too
> 3.the built in Lan settings disapeared
> 4.using norton 360 its ok but slowing down

Sasha

RE: after 64bit
Oh and you might want to ask your question in the 64 bit forum.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...2-32fc064ebe5e

"Younes" wrote:

> the story so far:
>
> i was using sony vaio, VGN-FE48G/H, vista home premium
>
> Processor: intel® Core™2 CPU T7200 @2.00GHZ
> memory (RAM): 1022MB
> Vista home premiuum 32-bit Operating system
> i ran a TuneUp Utilities 2007 scan and it stated :
> " your computer has a 64bit processer, but your current windows version only
> uses 32 of the available 64bits. you should consider upgrading to a 64bit
> version of your operating system to benefit from iproved security and better
> system performance"
>
> so i set out to buy Vista Ultimate 64bit i installed a clean version then i
> went to downloading the
> nvidia fom http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_158.24.html
>
> now i'm instaling the updates but, i have thes issues:
> 1.my built in camera doesn't work(lookin 4 a solution)
> 2.My blutouth doesn't work too
> 3.the built in Lan settings disapeared
> 4.using norton 360 its ok but slowing down

peter

Re: after 64bit
Throw the TuneUp Utility in the Garbage and go back to 32bit Vista
peter
"Younes" <Younes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> the story so far:
>
> i was using sony vaio, VGN-FE48G/H, vista home premium
>
> Processor: intel CoreT2 CPU T7200 @2.00GHZ
> memory (RAM): 1022MB
> Vista home premiuum 32-bit Operating system
> i ran a TuneUp Utilities 2007 scan and it stated :
> " your computer has a 64bit processer, but your current windows version
> only
> uses 32 of the available 64bits. you should consider upgrading to a 64bit
> version of your operating system to benefit from iproved security and
> better
> system performance"
>
> so i set out to buy Vista Ultimate 64bit i installed a clean version then
> went to downloading the
> nvidia fom http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_158.24.html
>
> now i'm instaling the updates but, i have thes issues:
> 1.my built in camera doesn't work(lookin 4 a solution)
> 2.My blutouth doesn't work too
> 3.the built in Lan settings disapeared
> 4.using norton 360 its ok but slowing down

Mike Hall MVP

Re: after 64bit
Younes

The story so far is that you took heed of a dumb diagnostic program and set
about screwing up a perfectly good 32bit Vista installation in a quest for
more performance that you would not have noticed and security that you would
not have used..

Your best course of action is to re-install the original 32bit software from
whatever recovery media Sony supplied to you..

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User