Vista 64 Not Responding

neil154

Vista 64 Not Responding
I am using Vista 64 with all of the latest updates and the machine is only5
months old with 4 gig of ram and plenty of empty space on the hard drive. I
am getting the "not responding" from Vista numerous times. It does not
appear all of the time and I can get it after a fresh boot and sign in or
after I have used system for quite a while. The not responding will
eventually go away but it can take sometimes almost a minute or so. I get it
in numerous applications and I have paired down the programs which
automatically start on boot.

Does anyone know why I am getting this and how to fix it?
SC Tom

Re: Vista 64 Not Responding

"neil154" <neil154@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Vista 64 with all of the latest updates and the machine is only5
> months old with 4 gig of ram and plenty of empty space on the hard drive.
> am getting the "not responding" from Vista numerous times. It does not
> appear all of the time and I can get it after a fresh boot and sign in or
> after I have used system for quite a while. The not responding will
> eventually go away but it can take sometimes almost a minute or so. I get
> it
> in numerous applications and I have paired down the programs which
> automatically start on boot.
>
> Does anyone know why I am getting this and how to fix it?

If the machine is only 5 months old, it should be under warranty. Call tech
support with the exact wording of any error messages you get.

SC Tom

Richard Urban

Re: Vista 64 Not Responding
Sometimes a wireless mouse/keyboard will act as such. If a blue tooth
device, move the receiver to a USB port on the front of the computer. Or,
get a short USB extension cable and have the receiver sitting on your desk
close to the mouse pad.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP