Mouse Lazy

Brenda J.

Mouse Lazy
Have Vista Home Premium, Dell computer, Microsoft cordless mouse. I am
having problems with my mouse being non-responsive at times. This happens
everywhere from the internet to shut down. The mouse just fails to work for
several clicks. I had wondered if this could be due to my SLOW dial-up
service but then what does that have to do with shutting the computer down?
The cordless mouse is seeing its receiver and batteries are fine.

Brenda

SC Tom

Re: Mouse Lazy

"Brenda J." <brenda_johnston@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Have Vista Home Premium, Dell computer, Microsoft cordless mouse. I am
> having problems with my mouse being non-responsive at times. This happens
> everywhere from the internet to shut down. The mouse just fails to work
> for several clicks. I had wondered if this could be due to my SLOW
> dial-up service but then what does that have to do with shutting the
> computer down? The cordless mouse is seeing its receiver and batteries are
> fine.
>
> Brenda

Is the receiver away from any monitors, wireless switches, UPS's, etc?
Anything that has a signal can interfere with it; anything with a magnet,
like a speaker, can interfere also.
How old is the mouse? The little micro-switches inside do wear out.
Have you tested the mouse on another PC (if you have easy access to one)?

SC Tom

Richard Urban

Re: Mouse Lazy
Sometimes a wireless mouse/keyboard will act as such. If a blue tooth
device, move the receiver to a USB port on the front of the computer. Or,
get a short USB extension cable and have the receiver sitting on your desk
close to the mouse pad.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP