Clone a laptop drive

rmo555@cox.net

Clone a laptop drive
I want to clone a laptop drive that's larger in capacity than the one
in my laptop. The original has two logical partitions. I have Acronis
True Image 11. Reason: If my laptop drive ever goes south, I should
just be able to pop the cloned drive in and off we go. I need some
detailed guidance on how to do this.
SC Tom

Re: Clone a laptop drive

<rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message
>I want to clone a laptop drive that's larger in capacity than the one
> in my laptop. The original has two logical partitions. I have Acronis
> True Image 11. Reason: If my laptop drive ever goes south, I should
> just be able to pop the cloned drive in and off we go. I need some
> detailed guidance on how to do this.

The instructions that come with True Image will walk you through it. It's
easy to follow, and you will thank yourself for learning it later on.

SC Tom

rmo555@cox.net

Re: Clone a laptop drive
Am I correct in that all I would have to do is pop in the clone and,
with no further ado, I would be all set to go? Also, can I use a
larger drive to clone than is in my laptop now?

On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 20:18:43 -0500, "SC Tom" <sc@tom.net> wrote:

><rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message
>news:hiq6f59b98383upotb0pqur1odnk1nl9qp@4ax.com.. .
>>I want to clone a laptop drive that's larger in capacity than the one
>> in my laptop. The original has two logical partitions. I have Acronis
>> True Image 11. Reason: If my laptop drive ever goes south, I should
>> just be able to pop the cloned drive in and off we go. I need some
>> detailed guidance on how to do this.

>The instructions that come with True Image will walk you through it. It's
>easy to follow, and you will thank yourself for learning it later on.
>
>SC Tom

SC Tom

Re: Clone a laptop drive
You can write the image to any size drive you like as long as it is as large
or larger than the drive the image was made from. After putting the new
drive in (with the old drive out, in case your laptop has slots for more
than one), it should boot right up like the old one. You may get the prompt
to activate Windows because of new hardware being found. That happened on my
Vista machine, but not on my XP one when I upgraded the hard drives.

SC Tom

> Am I correct in that all I would have to do is pop in the clone and,
> with no further ado, I would be all set to go? Also, can I use a
> larger drive to clone than is in my laptop now?
>
> On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 20:18:43 -0500, "SC Tom" <sc@tom.net> wrote:
>

>><rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message
>>news:hiq6f59b98383upotb0pqur1odnk1nl9qp@4ax.com. ..
>>>I want to clone a laptop drive that's larger in capacity than the one
>>> in my laptop. The original has two logical partitions. I have Acronis
>>> True Image 11. Reason: If my laptop drive ever goes south, I should
>>> just be able to pop the cloned drive in and off we go. I need some
>>> detailed guidance on how to do this.

>>The instructions that come with True Image will walk you through it. It's
>>easy to follow, and you will thank yourself for learning it later on.
>>
>>SC Tom

rmo555@cox.net

Re: Clone a laptop drive
On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 15:01:24 -0500, "SC Tom" <sc@tom.net> wrote:

>You can write the image to any size drive you like as long as it is as large
>or larger than the drive the image was made from. After putting the new
>drive in (with the old drive out, in case your laptop has slots for more
>than one), it should boot right up like the old one. You may get the prompt
>to activate Windows because of new hardware being found. That happened on my
>Vista machine, but not on my XP one when I upgraded the hard drives.
>
>SC Tom

Thanks again. I just hope Microsoft wouldn't give me a problem because
I've added new hardware.

><rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message
>news:2ut8f59psgbckcgckrqjepep1mdah7jvfq@4ax.com.. .
>> Am I correct in that all I would have to do is pop in the clone and,
>> with no further ado, I would be all set to go? Also, can I use a
>> larger drive to clone than is in my laptop now?
>>
>> On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 20:18:43 -0500, "SC Tom" <sc@tom.net> wrote:
>>

>>><rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message
>>>news:hiq6f59b98383upotb0pqur1odnk1nl9qp@4ax.com ...
>>>
>>>The instructions that come with True Image will walk you through it. It's
>>>easy to follow, and you will thank yourself for learning it later on.
>>>
>>>SC Tom

SC Tom

Re: Clone a laptop drive
You shouldn't have any problem with it. The activation goes on line to do
it.

> On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 15:01:24 -0500, "SC Tom" <sc@tom.net> wrote:
>
>>You can write the image to any size drive you like as long as it is as
>>large
>>or larger than the drive the image was made from. After putting the new
>>drive in (with the old drive out, in case your laptop has slots for more
>>than one), it should boot right up like the old one. You may get the
>>prompt
>>to activate Windows because of new hardware being found. That happened on
>>my
>>Vista machine, but not on my XP one when I upgraded the hard drives.
>>
>>SC Tom
>>

> Thanks again. I just hope Microsoft wouldn't give me a problem because
> I've added new hardware.
>>
>><rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message
>>news:2ut8f59psgbckcgckrqjepep1mdah7jvfq@4ax.com. ..
>>> Am I correct in that all I would have to do is pop in the clone and,
>>> with no further ado, I would be all set to go? Also, can I use a
>>> larger drive to clone than is in my laptop now?

rmo555@cox.net

Re: Clone a laptop drive
Thank you....

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 18:13:56 -0500, "SC Tom" <sc@tom.net> wrote:

>You shouldn't have any problem with it. The activation goes on line to do
>it.

SC Tom

Re: Clone a laptop drive
You're welcome. . .