Vista stuck on Welcome Screen

Kargie

Vista stuck on Welcome Screen

Hi guys,

Earlier today my Fujitsu-Siemans laptop crashed whilst doing windows
updates installation. Now it won't boot. Before it took it over
20mintues to get past the green scrolling bar bit and then it got stuck
on welcome. Tried booting it in safe mode, and the same thing happens.

For some reason the damn thing has no system restore points and alot of
things that are important to me (my photos) are stuck on it. I really
don't want to use the Fujitsu-Siemens restore factory settings option,
as it says this will cause the loss of personal data.

The machine is about a year old and I was wondering if there was anyway
I could possibly fix this/get my stuff off.

Thanks!

--
Kargie
R. C. White

Re: Vista stuck on Welcome Screen
Hi, Kargie.

You haven't told us what computer resources you have or how adept you are at
using them.

If it were my problem, I probably would just take that HD out of the laptop
and install it temporarily in my desktop computer - just long enough to copy
all my irreplaceable photos and other data off it onto my desktop's HD or
other safe storage. Then I'd put the HDD back into the laptop and try to
resurrect it. My first effort would be to run the drive maker's diagnostics
to see if the drive has actually failed. Since it is only a year old, it
SHOULD be covered by a warranty.

But, then, I've never had a laptop, so maybe this is not as easy as for the
desktops I've used.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Kargie" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi guys,
>
> Earlier today my Fujitsu-Siemans laptop crashed whilst doing windows
> updates installation. Now it won't boot. Before it took it over
> 20mintues to get past the green scrolling bar bit and then it got stuck
> on welcome. Tried booting it in safe mode, and the same thing happens.
>
> For some reason the damn thing has no system restore points and alot of
> things that are important to me (my photos) are stuck on it. I really
> don't want to use the Fujitsu-Siemens restore factory settings option,
> as it says this will cause the loss of personal data.
>
> The machine is about a year old and I was wondering if there was anyway
> I could possibly fix this/get my stuff off.
>
> Thanks!
>

> --
> Kargie

Kargie

Re: Vista stuck on Welcome Screen

Not tried that and I daren't but through a bit of ancient MS DOS
knowledge that my stepdad has he's somehow managed to access the two
harddrives and pull off all of my photos, music etc and stick it onto my
external harddrive. Phew!

--
Kargie
R. C. White

Re: Vista stuck on Welcome Screen
Hi, Kargie.

Congratulations! And thanks for the report back. ;<)

RC