Unable to change Advanced system properties

GWL

Unable to change Advanced system properties
Over the past few months I have had several several System Failures where the
computer automaticaly restarted. Each time I would go into System
Properties/Advanced/Stertup and Recovery/Settings, and unchecked the
Automaticaly restart box. Today another System Failure caused another Auto
restart. This time I paid meticulous attention to the procedre and noted that
the unchecking of the Auto Restart box does not survive the OK button and the
Apply buton is grayed out after the OK button is clicked. I get the proper
permissions and even tried starting SystemPropertiesPerformance.exe with the
Run as Administrator option. Any help to stop the Auto Restart on System
Failure will be appreciated
Rick Rogers

Re: Unable to change Advanced system properties
Reverse the steps, click apply first. Clicking ok closes the dialog box, so
apply would not be available. This is a subtle difference some have noticed
in Vista in that apply needs to be hit before ok for some functions to take.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org