Lightscribe problems

Patricia anne

Lightscribe problems
Hi, I am experiencing lightscribe problems, I have recently had a new hard
drive fitted by H.P and when the laptop came back it was perfect for a week.
Then when I go to label a disc the lightsribe program just freezes and stops
working
I have tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it but it is still
the same.
I have also tried another labelling program that is on my laptop but this
does the same thing. I need some help please
my hp g70 macine is running vista home premium.

regards Pat
p.s. everything else seems to work, also the drive says that it is working
o.k.
SC Tom

Re: Lightscribe problems

"Patricia anne" <Patriciaanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I am experiencing lightscribe problems, I have recently had a new hard
> drive fitted by H.P and when the laptop came back it was perfect for a
> week.
> Then when I go to label a disc the lightsribe program just freezes and
> stops
> working
> I have tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it but it is still
> the same.
> I have also tried another labelling program that is on my laptop but this
> does the same thing. I need some help please
> my hp g70 macine is running vista home premium.
>
> regards Pat
> p.s. everything else seems to work, also the drive says that it is working
> o.k.

Can you still create CD's with the drive? If so, my guess is the Lightscribe
drive is going belly-up for the labeling part.
Have you tried the software from Lightscribe:
http://www.lightscribe.com/DownloadS...ows/index.aspx

I gave up on the other labeling programs and use the Lightscribe Template
Labeler. There are plenty of pre-made templates available, and even those
can be edited.

SC Tom

Patricia anne

Re: Lightscribe problems
Hi Tom,
Thanks for your reply, and yes I have burnt cds and dvds with no trouble. I
think your guess is probably right, and the trouble lies with the drive
itself with labelling. Also yes I have tried the lightscribe programmes,
installing, and then uninstalling a couple of times, but it did not work
whereas when the machine came back from being repaired it did for about a
week.
Thing is why did HP not pick this up? It was within the faults I had
reported to them.
regards Pat

"SC Tom" wrote:

> "Patricia anne" <Patriciaanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I am experiencing lightscribe problems, I have recently had a new hard
> > drive fitted by H.P and when the laptop came back it was perfect for a
> > week.
> > Then when I go to label a disc the lightsribe program just freezes and
> > stops
> > working
> > I have tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it but it is still
> > the same.
> > I have also tried another labelling program that is on my laptop but this
> > does the same thing. I need some help please
> > my hp g70 macine is running vista home premium.
> >
> > regards Pat
> > p.s. everything else seems to work, also the drive says that it is working
> > o.k.

> Can you still create CD's with the drive? If so, my guess is the Lightscribe
> drive is going belly-up for the labeling part.
> Have you tried the software from Lightscribe:
> http://www.lightscribe.com/DownloadS...ows/index.aspx
>
> I gave up on the other labeling programs and use the Lightscribe Template
> Labeler. There are plenty of pre-made templates available, and even those
> can be edited.
>
> SC Tom
>
> .

SC Tom

Re: Lightscribe problems
You'd have to ask them that question. If the laptop is still under warranty,
I'd send it back, even though that's always a PITA. If it's out of warranty,
and you really want/need the Lightscribe capability, check on the price of a
direct replacement (most are not that hard to replace), or a third-party
external one like LaCie. We had one where I worked that worked very well,
but the thing weighed a ton, making it a little impractical for travel.

SC Tom

> Hi Tom,
> Thanks for your reply, and yes I have burnt cds and dvds with no trouble.
> think your guess is probably right, and the trouble lies with the drive
> itself with labelling. Also yes I have tried the lightscribe programmes,
> installing, and then uninstalling a couple of times, but it did not work
> whereas when the machine came back from being repaired it did for about a
> week.
> Thing is why did HP not pick this up? It was within the faults I had
> reported to them.
> regards Pat
>
> "SC Tom" wrote:
>

>> "Patricia anne" <Patriciaanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi, I am experiencing lightscribe problems, I have recently had a new
>> > hard
>> > drive fitted by H.P and when the laptop came back it was perfect for a
>> > week.
>> > Then when I go to label a disc the lightsribe program just freezes and
>> > stops
>> > working
>> > I have tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it but it is
>> > still
>> > the same.
>> > I have also tried another labelling program that is on my laptop but
>> > this
>> > does the same thing. I need some help please
>> > my hp g70 macine is running vista home premium.
>> >
>> > regards Pat
>> > p.s. everything else seems to work, also the drive says that it is
>> > working
>> > o.k.

>> Can you still create CD's with the drive? If so, my guess is the
>> Lightscribe
>> drive is going belly-up for the labeling part.
>> Have you tried the software from Lightscribe:
>> http://www.lightscribe.com/DownloadS...ows/index.aspx
>>
>> I gave up on the other labeling programs and use the Lightscribe Template
>> Labeler. There are plenty of pre-made templates available, and even those
>> can be edited.
>>
>> SC Tom
>>
>> .

Patricia anne

Re: Lightscribe problems
Hi Tom, So sorry not replying before this, my broadband has been off for over
a week
Anyway, yes my laptop is still under warranty so I will get in touch with HP
about it kind regards Pat

"SC Tom" wrote:

> You'd have to ask them that question. If the laptop is still under warranty,
> I'd send it back, even though that's always a PITA. If it's out of warranty,
> and you really want/need the Lightscribe capability, check on the price of a
> direct replacement (most are not that hard to replace), or a third-party
> external one like LaCie. We had one where I worked that worked very well,
> but the thing weighed a ton, making it a little impractical for travel.
>
> SC Tom
>
> "Patricia anne" <Patriciaanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Tom,
> > Thanks for your reply, and yes I have burnt cds and dvds with no trouble.
> > think your guess is probably right, and the trouble lies with the drive
> > itself with labelling. Also yes I have tried the lightscribe programmes,
> > installing, and then uninstalling a couple of times, but it did not work
> > whereas when the machine came back from being repaired it did for about a
> > week.
> > Thing is why did HP not pick this up? It was within the faults I had
> > reported to them.
> > regards Pat
> >
> > "SC Tom" wrote:
> >

> >> "Patricia anne" <Patriciaanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> Can you still create CD's with the drive? If so, my guess is the
> >> Lightscribe
> >> drive is going belly-up for the labeling part.
> >> Have you tried the software from Lightscribe:
> >> http://www.lightscribe.com/DownloadS...ows/index.aspx
> >>
> >> I gave up on the other labeling programs and use the Lightscribe Template
> >> Labeler. There are plenty of pre-made templates available, and even those
> >> can be edited.
> >>
> >> SC Tom
> >>
> >> .
> >>

> .

SC Tom

Re: Lightscribe problems
You must have Charter like I do LOL!

Contacting HP is the best idea with it still being under warranty. That way,
if anything goes wrong with it later, you'll have an audit trail to possibly
get it fixed for free.

SC Tom

> Hi Tom, So sorry not replying before this, my broadband has been off for
> over
> a week
> Anyway, yes my laptop is still under warranty so I will get in touch with
> HP
> about it kind regards Pat
>
> "SC Tom" wrote:
>
>> You'd have to ask them that question. If the laptop is still under
>> warranty,
>> I'd send it back, even though that's always a PITA. If it's out of
>> warranty,
>> and you really want/need the Lightscribe capability, check on the price
>> of a
>> direct replacement (most are not that hard to replace), or a third-party
>> external one like LaCie. We had one where I worked that worked very well,
>> but the thing weighed a ton, making it a little impractical for travel.
>>
>> SC Tom
>>
>> "Patricia anne" <Patriciaanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Tom,
>> > Thanks for your reply, and yes I have burnt cds and dvds with no
>> > trouble.
>> > think your guess is probably right, and the trouble lies with the drive
>> > itself with labelling. Also yes I have tried the lightscribe
>> > programmes,
>> > installing, and then uninstalling a couple of times, but it did not
>> > work
>> > whereas when the machine came back from being repaired it did for about
>> > week.
>> > Thing is why did HP not pick this up? It was within the faults I had
>> > reported to them.
>> > regards Pat

>> .

Patricia anne

Re: Lightscribe problems
Cheers Tom,
Thank you so much for your friendly advice I do appreciate it.
kind regards Pat