After some time Programs Won't Start In Vista

Phonix644 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
After some time Programs Won't Start In Vista
Okay Guys,

I've been having this really annowing problem where after a while (about 10 - 20 minutes, can be 5 minutes) no programs will start. I double click on them and they will not start. It has the mouse and it is got the loading sign for 5 seconds then it goes of and nothing happens!!!!

I also sometimes i get this blue screen error that says 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL'

Any Help Would We Very Much Appreciated

My Specs:
Core 2 Duo 7500 2.53 Ghz
9500 GT 512mb
1TB Hard Disk
4gb Ram

Pleas Help, Thanks Guys!
Chuck

Re: After some time Programs Won't Start In Vista
A quickie reply is that 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' can be the result of a
hardware problem, or a software (usually driver) problem.
Your "(about 10 - 20 minutes, can be 5 minutes)" statement seems to indicate
that there likely is a hardware heat related problem.
Is the processor cooling fan running properly?
How about the Video card cooling fan?
Power supply fan? (usually not involved, but since you are poking around--)
Case fan(s)?
Check the inside of the P/C for excessive dust buildup.
Do you have any plug in I/O cards other than the video card?

"Phonix644" <Phonix644.40lake@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Okay Guys,
>
> I've been having this really annowing problem where after a while
> (about 10 - 20 minutes, can be 5 minutes) no programs will start. I
> double click on them and they will not start. It has the mouse and it is
> got the loading sign for 5 seconds then it goes of and nothing
> happens!!!!
>
> I also sometimes i get this blue screen error that says
> 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL'
>
> Any Help Would We Very Much Appreciated
>
> My Specs:
> Core 2 Duo 7500 2.53 Ghz
> 9500 GT 512mb
> 1TB Hard Disk
> 4gb Ram
>
> Pleas Help, Thanks Guys!
>

> --
> Phonix644

Phonix644 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: After some time Programs Won't Start In Vista
Thanks Chuck For Your Really Quick Reply,

I'm not exactly sure how I did it but now programs in Vista are working after hours but much appreciated for your help. I was just running windows in safe mode for a long time, then went back to the normal mode and it was working. I had tried starting my computer in safe mode before but not for a very long time. Maybe you have to start it in safe mode and then use 1-click maintence, a program part of Tuneup Utilites because thats what I did.

Oh by the way also the Blue Screen error has been coming up for a while now which is also good (this stoped at the same time as my other problem). I shoyld have mentioned the important part though that there are some numbers at the bottem of the Blue Screen like '0x0000000a' something like that and i find out that this is a driver problem. This was a few days ago and i figured out that the numbers are a dirver issue. I screwed around with my keyboard drivers (beacause it had a caution sign on it) and stuffed it up. Got it back after some effort but dont want to screw with it again. But thanks for you quick reply again Chuck.

THANKS CHUCK - YOU RULE BRO

[quote=Chuck;1590264]A quickie reply is that 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' can be the result of a