BSOD - BlueScrren Error BC Code a

ThaMaestro

BSOD - BlueScrren Error BC Code a

Hey guys,

Today, I got one type of BSOD several times. The BSOD suddenly occurs;
when my laptop is turned on (for a few hours), the blue screen pops up,
mentioning something about 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL'. After the BSOD,
Windows restarts, and usually just comes back to the logon screen.
There's no specific handling i did which might cause the BSOD. I know
this since my laptop was shut down or restarted several times today,
after i left it alone for some time.

This is the error report data i get when restarting windows and logging
on ...

Problem Signature:

Problem event Name: Blue Screen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale-id: 1043

Additional Information about the Problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 00000058
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: 82DD2EDE
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Bestanden die helpen bij het beschrijven van het probleem:
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini102209-04.dmp
C:\Users\Huub\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-1110274-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Huub\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2CAB.tmp.versi on.txt

Files that help describe the problem:
'Microsoft Online Crash Analysis'
(http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0413)

I havent (for as far as i know) updated or installed any new drivers
the last few days. While google-ing the error 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL',
i found most problems deal with bad drivers, and such. That might be the
problem for me, but im not sure, since i cant remember i updated any
driver lately.

Furthermore, I have the idea my cpu or some component in my laptop
might be getting to hot. I installed some temp-monitoring freeware
program, and it showed very high temperatures, especially when i turn on
winamp. I use an external USB soundcard. I also noticed that the BSOD
occurs when my fan is blowing like mad man.

Not sure if this is of any use, but this problem looks a lot like mines
(based on the type of BCCode error): 'clicky'
(http://www.vistax64.com/vista-perfor...r-bc-code.html)

Anyone has any idea to help me?

--
ThaMaestro

Re: BSOD - BlueScrren Error BC Code a
In Control Panel choose Problem Reports and Solutions (type problem in
Start's searchbox), go to Problem History, right click your error and choose
Check For Solution. You can also examine the details.

In Administrative Tools choose Reliability and Performance Monitor and
choose MonitoringTools then Reliability Monitor (type Reliability in search
on Start) . This list a chart of software installs, uninstalls, Windows
updates, and crashes by date. See if your crashes started happening after
you
installed or uninstalled something.

--
..
--
"ThaMaestro" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hey guys,
>
> Today, I got one type of BSOD several times. The BSOD suddenly occurs;
> when my laptop is turned on (for a few hours), the blue screen pops up,
> mentioning something about 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL'. After the BSOD,
> Windows restarts, and usually just comes back to the logon screen.
> There's no specific handling i did which might cause the BSOD. I know
> this since my laptop was shut down or restarted several times today,
> after i left it alone for some time.
>
> This is the error report data i get when restarting windows and logging
> on ...
>
> Problem Signature:
>
> Problem event Name: Blue Screen
> OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
> Locale-id: 1043
>
> Additional Information about the Problem:
> BCCode: a
> BCP1: 00000058
> BCP2: 00000002
> BCP3: 00000001
> BCP4: 82DD2EDE
> OS Version: 6_0_6002
> Service Pack: 2_0
> Product: 768_1
>
> Bestanden die helpen bij het beschrijven van het probleem:
> C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini102209-04.dmp
> C:\Users\Huub\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-1110274-0.sysdata.xml
> C:\Users\Huub\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2CAB.tmp.versi on.txt
>
> Files that help describe the problem:
> 'Microsoft Online Crash Analysis'
> (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0413)
>

> I havent (for as far as i know) updated or installed any new drivers
> the last few days. While google-ing the error 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL',
> i found most problems deal with bad drivers, and such. That might be the
> problem for me, but im not sure, since i cant remember i updated any
> driver lately.
>
> Furthermore, I have the idea my cpu or some component in my laptop
> might be getting to hot. I installed some temp-monitoring freeware
> program, and it showed very high temperatures, especially when i turn on
> winamp. I use an external USB soundcard. I also noticed that the BSOD
> occurs when my fan is blowing like mad man.
>
> Not sure if this is of any use, but this problem looks a lot like mines
> (based on the type of BCCode error): 'clicky'
> (http://www.vistax64.com/vista-perfor...r-bc-code.html)
>

> Anyone has any idea to help me?
>

> --
> ThaMaestro

ThaMaestro

Re: BSOD - BlueScrren Error BC Code a

dear guest

thank you for this helpful sggestion. i found that before the crashes
occured, a new driver was installed for my usb soundcard. i wasnt aware
of this installation. however, several days after the crashes, i also
did an update for this driver, manually. perhaps this got rid of the
problem, since i havent had the BSOD the last couple of days.

also, another thing which might have caused the BSOD not to occur
anymore up till now, is the way i hook up mu usb-cables to my laptop. i
always used a special sequence, meaning that i connect each cable to a
specific slot, rather than just plugging them into my laptop randomly.
since the BSOD error also seemed to have something to do with the way my
hardware is connected to my laptop, i suspect this might also have
solved the problem.
e.g., if i plug in the usb-cable of my external usb soundcard to a
different usb-port, i noticed that in the past the sound card didnt
function 100% correct.

is it perhaps possible that plugging the usb-cables to my laptop in a
different order than usual might cause any problems?
I have to mention that the usb-cables connected to my laptop in the
past always were connected the same port, thus in a specific sequence

ThaMaestro

Re: BSOD - BlueScrren Error BC Code a
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini102209-04.dmp
is a file of the crash. You can analyse it with the debugging tools for
windows.
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/DevToo...g/default.mspx

or if you post it on a file sharing site someone may analyse it.
--
..

;1177305 Wrote:
> C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini102209-04.dmp

That file is not available (anymore) ....

--
ThaMaestro

Re: BSOD - BlueScrren Error BC Code a
If it happens again then.

I don't think USB order would cause it but it might.

--
..