Vista SP2 in other language than English?

Jungleyes

Vista SP2 in other language than English?

Hello!
I have installed Windows Vista Home SP1 (Greek Version) and if I try to
download and update to SP2 it says that SP2 is supported only in 5
particular languages and I cannot install this update before will be
released in my language! Is any way to "SKIP" this step and update my OS
cause I want it a lot! I cannot wait a century for microsoft to release
SP2 in Greek! I have already faced many problems with my OS out of
date...(in Gaming mostly). I have updated amost everything apart from
Vista which is the basis on a PC! I have become to be pissed of with
this!
Any suggestions???
P.S. I don't think that format my PC and install the English version
would be a proper solution even if I prefer the English operating system
where I can find more solutions around the web in English language as
well as the 99% of Games, Softwares etc..!:cry:

--
Jungleyes
Rick Rogers

Re: Vista SP2 in other language than English?
Hi,

Get the Greek language version here:

Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jungleyes" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hello!
> I have installed Windows Vista Home SP1 (Greek Version) and if I try to
> download and update to SP2 it says that SP2 is supported only in 5
> particular languages and I cannot install this update before will be
> released in my language! Is any way to "SKIP" this step and update my OS
> cause I want it a lot! I cannot wait a century for microsoft to release
> SP2 in Greek! I have already faced many problems with my OS out of
> date...(in Gaming mostly). I have updated amost everything apart from
> Vista which is the basis on a PC! I have become to be pissed of with
> this!
> Any suggestions???
> P.S. I don't think that format my PC and install the English version
> would be a proper solution even if I prefer the English operating system
> where I can find more solutions around the web in English language as
> well as the 99% of Games, Softwares etc..!:cry:
>

> --
> Jungleyes

Jungleyes

Re: Vista SP2 in other language than English?

I downloaded it as you said, installed and then kicked my internet
connection out! I contacted my internet provider techical department and
told me that VISTA SP2 is not compatible with your internet connection
and you should unistall it if you want to have internet! WTF? Cannot
update my PC without any problems? I have a Thomson Gateway Router...I
made a system restore to come back to my internet connection and SP1!!!
Really pissed with VISTA now! Any way to SKIP this?

--
Jungleyes
Rick Rogers

Re: Vista SP2 in other language than English?
Hi,

No way to skip it. If your ISP has not updated their systems and/or
connection software, they will have to eventually as it's not going away.

Usually these types of problems require reinstalling network card drivers
and have nothing to do with the ISP unless they are providing you with
connection software. Before installing SP2, download a recent driver from
the card manufacturer and install it after the update.