No Sound in Safe Mode

JamesJ

No Sound in Safe Mode
I find that my few graphics intensive games run much better in Safe Mode.
Problem is there's no sound.
Anyway to have Safe Node start with sound?

James

JamesJ

Re: No Sound in Safe Mode
Thanks

"Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Nope. The entire idea of Safe Mode is that it starts with only a minimal
> set of drivers.
>

> "JamesJ" <jjy_darwin@roadrunner.com> wrote in message
> I find that my few graphics intensive games run much better in Safe Mode.
> Problem is there's no sound.
> Anyway to have Safe Node start with sound?
>
> James

Michael Walraven

Re: No Sound in Safe Mode
if safe mode provides a better graphics experience with your game, perhaps
it is the reduced resolution that is giving you the better response. Try
reducing your resolution to 800x600 (minimal default VGA resolution) and see
if that improves the game.

> Thanks
>
> "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Nope. The entire idea of Safe Mode is that it starts with only a minimal
>> set of drivers.
>>

>> "JamesJ" <jjy_darwin@roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>> I find that my few graphics intensive games run much better in Safe Mode.
>> Problem is there's no sound.
>> Anyway to have Safe Node start with sound?
>>
>> James

JamesJ

Re: No Sound in Safe Mode
I ever thought of that!
Switching to a classic theme instead of aero might help also.

Thanks,
James

"Michael Walraven" <mexxwalraven@verizon.not> wrote in message
> if safe mode provides a better graphics experience with your game, perhaps
> it is the reduced resolution that is giving you the better response. Try
> reducing your resolution to 800x600 (minimal default VGA resolution) and
> see if that improves the game.
>

> "JamesJ" <jjy_darwin@roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks
>>
>> "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Nope. The entire idea of Safe Mode is that it starts with only a
>>> minimal set of drivers.
>>>

>>> "JamesJ" <jjy_darwin@roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>>> I find that my few graphics intensive games run much better in Safe
>>> Mode.
>>> Problem is there's no sound.
>>> Anyway to have Safe Node start with sound?
>>>
>>> James

Ian

RE: No Sound in Safe Mode
I believe this must be possible I have been trying to figure this out myself
too because I have many times wished there was a gaming mode in windows where
windows would load only the basic architecture and services neccessary to run
a game so the maximum amount of CPU power can be used by the game instead of
a by multitude of unneccessary windows services. I believe there must be an
ini file of some kind that lists everything windows loads in normal mode and
in safe mode and that this could be modified to turn safe mode into a CPU
intensive gaming mode

"JamesJ" wrote:

> I find that my few graphics intensive games run much better in Safe Mode.
> Problem is there's no sound.
> Anyway to have Safe Node start with sound?
>
> James

Re: No Sound in Safe Mode
There is (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contr ol\SafeBoot) but
you loose video acceleration in safe mode which makes it a dumb idea.

--
..
--
news27830EC-5B22-4FB0-96E6-2B9ABE94631B@microsoft.com...