Windows Vista Theme Deleted!!

WindowVista

Windows Vista Theme Deleted!!

Hi, one day i thought to get the aero theme to my windows vista. So i
search in google how to get windows aero. I found a way to have by
installing a free program called VistaGlazz 1.3 (Available in Cnet.com).
So I downloaded the program, follow the instructions and installed
windows aero. First it was good but then i thought how to make it look
more transparent. So i tried to download a custom theme of vista aero by
someone else. I dont know how i screw it but the thing is that i put the
theme file in C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes. I saw the old file of
vistaglazz so i tried to delete it. But when i deleted it my computer
got corrupted and the all the thing got in black. saw that my desktop
was all in black. I coudnt even see the letters. So luckly i change my
windows into the classic version. When i go to
C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes i saw that my Windows Vista theme file had
dissapear. Even in customization and apperreances there was no windows
vista. So now iam using a aero without windows vista original theme
file. I dont know how happened but I think that in a way my windows
vista theme file got mixxed with vistaglazz aero file. So it got
deleted.

I know that this Post its damn long and it is a pain to read but
PLEASE!!

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME WITH THESE MESS?

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. I CANT GET THE DAMN WINDOWS VISTA THEME IN
GOOGLE.

I DONT KNOW IF I GO TO THE TECHNITIAN TO RESET MY COMPUTER. OR TO
CHANGE MY WINDOWS TO XP (HONESTLY I DONT WANT XP).

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!

P.S: SORRY THAT THE LETTER ITS LONG. ITS THE ONLY WAY TO EXPLAIN IT.

--
WindowVista
WindowVista's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/138595.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Windows Vista Theme Deleted!!

"WindowVista" <WindowVista.3z3ozb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Hi, one day i thought to get the aero theme to my windows vista. So i
> search in google how to get windows aero. I found a way to have by
> installing a free program called VistaGlazz 1.3 (Available in Cnet.com).
> So I downloaded the program, follow the instructions and installed
> windows aero. First it was good but then i thought how to make it look
> more transparent. So i tried to download a custom theme of vista aero by
> someone else. I dont know how i screw it but the thing is that i put the
> theme file in C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes. I saw the old file of
> vistaglazz so i tried to delete it. But when i deleted it my computer
> got corrupted and the all the thing got in black. saw that my desktop
> was all in black. I coudnt even see the letters. So luckly i change my
> windows into the classic version. When i go to
> C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes i saw that my Windows Vista theme file had
> dissapear. Even in customization and apperreances there was no windows
> vista. So now iam using a aero without windows vista original theme
> file. I dont know how happened but I think that in a way my windows
> vista theme file got mixxed with vistaglazz aero file. So it got
> deleted.
>
> I know that this Post its damn long and it is a pain to read but
> PLEASE!!
>
> CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME WITH THESE MESS?
>
> I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. I CANT GET THE DAMN WINDOWS VISTA THEME IN
> GOOGLE.
>
> I DONT KNOW IF I GO TO THE TECHNITIAN TO RESET MY COMPUTER. OR TO
> CHANGE MY WINDOWS TO XP (HONESTLY I DONT WANT XP).
>
> PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!
>
> P.S: SORRY THAT THE LETTER ITS LONG. ITS THE ONLY WAY TO EXPLAIN IT.
>

> --
> WindowVista
> WindowVista's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/138595.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...ce/1251350.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

You could try a system restore. It may get you out of your mess, but you
should probably look at resetting the computer back to the way it was when
you first bought it. Contact the computer manufacturer to find out how to do
this.

A final note: If you don't want to get into a mess like this again, avoid
experimenting with free 'goodies'. When software is obtained from other than
a trusted source, there is always a chance that it could screw up your
computer..

--

Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

SC Tom

"Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in message

> "WindowVista" <WindowVista.3z3ozb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Hi, one day i thought to get the aero theme to my windows vista. So i
>> search in google how to get windows aero. I found a way to have by
>> installing a free program called VistaGlazz 1.3 (Available in Cnet.com).
>> So I downloaded the program, follow the instructions and installed
>> windows aero. First it was good but then i thought how to make it look
>> more transparent. So i tried to download a custom theme of vista aero by
>> someone else. I dont know how i screw it but the thing is that i put the
>> theme file in C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes. I saw the old file of
>> vistaglazz so i tried to delete it. But when i deleted it my computer
>> got corrupted and the all the thing got in black. saw that my desktop
>> was all in black. I coudnt even see the letters. So luckly i change my
>> windows into the classic version. When i go to
>> C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes i saw that my Windows Vista theme file had
>> dissapear. Even in customization and apperreances there was no windows
>> vista. So now iam using a aero without windows vista original theme
>> file. I dont know how happened but I think that in a way my windows
>> vista theme file got mixxed with vistaglazz aero file. So it got
>> deleted.
>>
>> I know that this Post its damn long and it is a pain to read but
>> PLEASE!!
>>
>> CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME WITH THESE MESS?
>>
>> I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. I CANT GET THE DAMN WINDOWS VISTA THEME IN
>> GOOGLE.
>>
>> I DONT KNOW IF I GO TO THE TECHNITIAN TO RESET MY COMPUTER. OR TO
>> CHANGE MY WINDOWS TO XP (HONESTLY I DONT WANT XP).
>>
>> PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!
>>
>> P.S: SORRY THAT THE LETTER ITS LONG. ITS THE ONLY WAY TO EXPLAIN IT.
>>

>> --
>> WindowVista
>> WindowVista's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/138595.htm
>> View this thread:
>> http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...ce/1251350.htm
>>
>> http://forums.techarena.in
>>

> You could try a system restore. It may get you out of your mess, but you
> should probably look at resetting the computer back to the way it was when
> you first bought it. Contact the computer manufacturer to find out how to
> do this.
>
> A final note: If you don't want to get into a mess like this again, avoid
> experimenting with free 'goodies'. When software is obtained from other
> than a trusted source, there is always a chance that it could screw up
> your computer..
>
> --
>
> Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Aside from the fact that Aero is a part of Vista; it isn't necessary to
download it.

SC Tom

WindowVista

Re: Windows Vista Theme Deleted!!

Thanks for the help. And maybe I will stop using google programs. ^^

--
WindowVista
WindowVista's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/138595.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...ce/1251352.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Richard Urban

"WindowVista" <WindowVista.3z5p7c@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Thanks for the help. And maybe I will stop using google programs. ^^
>

> --
> WindowVista
> WindowVista's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/138595.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...ce/1251352.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

google isn't going to like this but I refuse to install anything from them
on the computers I work on! I have added them to the list along with McAfee
and Symantec/Norton.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

John Galt

"Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote:

>google isn't going to like this but I refuse to install anything from them
>on the computers I work on! I have added them to the list along with McAfee
>and Symantec/Norton.

I strongly suspect that Google doesn't give a crap what you think.
Richard Urban

"John Galt" <galtj@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>google isn't going to like this but I refuse to install anything from them
>>on the computers I work on! I have added them to the list along with
>>McAfee
>>and Symantec/Norton.

> I strongly suspect that Google doesn't give a crap what you think.

A satisfied customer tells no one. A dissatisfied customer tells 10 others.

That is why retailers cater to those who scream the loudest.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP
Windows Desktop Experience

Ken Blake, MVP

Re: Windows Vista Theme Deleted!!
On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 06:42:30 -0400, "Richard Urban"
<richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote:

> google isn't going to like this but I refuse to install anything from them
> on the computers I work on!

Can you tell us why?

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Richard Urban

"Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
> On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 06:42:30 -0400, "Richard Urban"
> <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>> google isn't going to like this but I refuse to install anything from
>> them
>> on the computers I work on!

> Can you tell us why?
>
> --
> Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003
> Please Reply to the Newsgroup

I balk at google anything (notice I don't even use a cap) because of their
invasive tracking procedures.

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/