Free Registry clean-up / systems speed up programs for Vista Home Basic?

Lori Noble

Free Registry clean-up / systems speed up programs for Vista Home Basic?
Are there any free Registry cleanup / systems speed up programs for Vista Home Basic out there or just the free limited trial with upgrade purchase required?

Rick Rogers

Re: Free Registry clean-up / systems speed up programs for Vista Home Basic?
Hi,

The best registry cleaner is no cleaner at all. WinNT systems, of which
Vista is one, do not suffer from the registry bloat problems associated with
the Win9x line (which died 9 years ago with WinME). Dead entries are simply
ignored, they do not cause any performance problems.

If you want to speed up your system, look at trimming the startup axis to
only the essentials, and maximize the amount of memory available in your
system. Adding software to control the software already on your system will
just serve to slow it down further.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Lori Noble" wrote in message news:OvpyI98OKHA.4244@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Are there any free Registry cleanup / systems speed up programs for Vista
> Home Basic out there or just the free limited trial with upgrade purchase
> required?
>

> Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

Ken Blake, MVP

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 14:54:38 -0700, Lori Noble wrote:

> Are there any free Registry cleanup / systems speed up programs for Vista Home Basic out there or just the free limited trial with upgrade purchase required?

Free or otherwise, registry cleaning programs are *all* snake oil.
Cleaning of the registry isn't needed and is dangerous. Leave the
registry alone and don't use any registry cleaner. Despite what many
people think, and what vendors of registry cleaning software try to
convince you of, having unused registry entries doesn't really hurt
you.

The risk of a serious problem caused by a registry cleaner erroneously
removing an entry you need is far greater than any potential benefit
it may have.

Read http://www.edbott.com/weblog/archives/000643.html

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
CrucialHoax

Re: Free Registry clean-up / systems speed up programs for Vista Home Basic?

Couldn't have said it better. Please, please, for the sake of system
stability, do NOT use a reg cleaner. Its all out there for marketing
when in actuality, they do nothing to improve performance.

--
CrucialHoax
jwillnov09

RE: Free Registry clean-up / systems speed up programs for Vista Home Basic?
Hi,

There are many registry cleaners in the market which claim Vista compatible,

however, almost all of them are NOT compatible with Vista and NOT Vista aware

at all. Using such registry cleaners on Vista systems often corrupt your registry

and cause more problems than they can fix but a good Vista registry cleaner can

help you keep your PC running smooth.