Service pack 2 install is messing up my machine

Adam123

Service pack 2 install is messing up my machine

Hello,

Since i installed vista service pack 2 i have been having allot of
problems, When i boot up my machine i get this error

Windows\system32\*_config_*\system

Status 0*_xc_*00000*_eq_*
Windows can not start blah blahregistry*__registry_* file missing
or*__corrupt_*.

All my web browsers seem to freeze (no respond every so*__often_*)

I have run the repair option from the Cd many times and it dose
nothing, I managed to boot up tonight by first entermoboard
*_moboard_*
options and forcing it to boot up with latest working configuration,
some times this dose not work.

I can not do a system restore as this update wiped all the restore
points. One of my friends had her GFX die due to this updpce, My*__pc_*
cost allot oandtryingnd*__trying_* to avoid this happening, as you have
guessed i am novice at these things.

--
Adam123
whs

Re: Service pack 2 install is messing up my machine

I would uninstall the bugger: 'How to uninstall Windows Vista service
packs as a troubleshooting step'
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948537)

--
whs
Adam123

Re: Service pack 2 install is messing up my machine

Hello

thank you for the reply,

I removed the service pack and i continued to get the boot up mesages.
Did a fresh install and im still geting the same regestry error.

--
Adam123
Malke

Adam123 wrote:

> Hello
>
> thank you for the reply,
>
> I removed the service pack and i continued to get the boot up mesages.
> Did a fresh install and im still geting the same regestry error.

Since you are getting the same errors with a fresh install, I suspect
failing hardware. The first component to test is the RAM with the hard drive
next.

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/...ardware_Tshoot

Testing hardware failures often involves swapping out suspected parts with
known-good parts. If you can't do the testing yourself and/or are
uncomfortable opening your computer, take the machine to a professional
computer repair shop (not your local equivalent of
BigComputerStore/GeekSquad).

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Adam123

Re: Service pack 2 install is messing up my machine

thanx for the reply

booted up fine this morning after the updates, will run the tests when
i get home.

--
Adam123