Power button color codes?

Sandy

Power button color codes?
My HP running Vista has always turned the power button from blue to orange
when the PC went into sleep mode. Recently instead of orange it has started
flashing blue. I just installed the standard monthly MS updates but haven't
changed anything else I can think of that might account for this. Google
isn't helping. Can anyone enlighten me what these color codes signify and
how they could change without my doing anything?

Bill Daggett

Re: Power button color codes?
"Sandy" <nospamsbeech6@cox.net> wrote:

>My HP running Vista has always turned the power button from blue to orange
>when the PC went into sleep mode. Recently instead of orange it has started
>flashing blue. I just installed the standard monthly MS updates but haven't
>changed anything else I can think of that might account for this. Google
>isn't helping. Can anyone enlighten me what these color codes signify and
>how they could change without my doing anything?

The manual that came with your computer should explain those quite
nicely for you.
Sandy

Re: Power button color codes?
D'oh.....that would be if manuals still came with new PCs.... If it was that
easy I wouldn't be asking........

"Bill Daggett" <Daggett@wmunny.invalid> wrote in message
> "Sandy" <nospamsbeech6@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>My HP running Vista has always turned the power button from blue to orange
>>when the PC went into sleep mode. Recently instead of orange it has
>>started
>>flashing blue. I just installed the standard monthly MS updates but
>>haven't
>>changed anything else I can think of that might account for this. Google
>>isn't helping. Can anyone enlighten me what these color codes signify and
>>how they could change without my doing anything?

> The manual that came with your computer should explain those quite
> nicely for you.

Richard G. Harper

Re: Power button color codes?
1. Most HP computers come with manuals on CD/DVD included in the package.
2. Have you checked the HP support web site?

"Sandy" <nospamsbeech6@cox.net> wrote in message
> D'oh.....that would be if manuals still came with new PCs.... If it was
> that easy I wouldn't be asking........
>

> "Bill Daggett" <Daggett@wmunny.invalid> wrote in message
>> "Sandy" <nospamsbeech6@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>>My HP running Vista has always turned the power button from blue to
>>>orange
>>>when the PC went into sleep mode. Recently instead of orange it has
>>>started
>>>flashing blue. I just installed the standard monthly MS updates but
>>>haven't
>>>changed anything else I can think of that might account for this. Google
>>>isn't helping. Can anyone enlighten me what these color codes signify and
>>>how they could change without my doing anything?

>> The manual that came with your computer should explain those quite
>> nicely for you.

JPH

Re: Power button color codes?
If you Google for the terms

hp power button flashing

you will get a lot of responses.
> My HP running Vista has always turned the power button from blue to orange
> when the PC went into sleep mode. Recently instead of orange it has
> started flashing blue. I just installed the standard monthly MS updates
> but haven't changed anything else I can think of that might account for
> this. Google isn't helping. Can anyone enlighten me what these color codes
> signify and how they could change without my doing anything?

David B.

Re: Power button color codes?
Contact HP support, your question is specific to the HP brand, nothing to do
with Vista.

--

------
"Sandy" <nospamsbeech6@cox.net> wrote in message
> D'oh.....that would be if manuals still came with new PCs.... If it was
> that easy I wouldn't be asking........
>

> "Bill Daggett" <Daggett@wmunny.invalid> wrote in message
>> "Sandy" <nospamsbeech6@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>>My HP running Vista has always turned the power button from blue to
>>>orange
>>>when the PC went into sleep mode. Recently instead of orange it has
>>>started
>>>flashing blue. I just installed the standard monthly MS updates but
>>>haven't
>>>changed anything else I can think of that might account for this. Google
>>>isn't helping. Can anyone enlighten me what these color codes signify and
>>>how they could change without my doing anything?

>> The manual that came with your computer should explain those quite
>> nicely for you.

Bill Daggett

Re: Power button color codes?
"Sandy" <nospamsbeech6@cox.net> wrote:

>D'oh.....that would be if manuals still came with new PCs.... If it was that
>easy I wouldn't be asking........

Apparently someone has to find it for you, print it, open it to the
proper page and set it in your lap.

Ain't gonna happen, doofus.

>"Bill Daggett" <Daggett@wmunny.invalid> wrote in message
>news:97jh85djf0u6omqpfkm7213ssaknau8fcl@4ax.com.. .
>> "Sandy" <nospamsbeech6@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>>My HP running Vista has always turned the power button from blue to orange
>>>when the PC went into sleep mode. Recently instead of orange it has
>>>started
>>>flashing blue. I just installed the standard monthly MS updates but
>>>haven't
>>>changed anything else I can think of that might account for this. Google
>>>isn't helping. Can anyone enlighten me what these color codes signify and
>>>how they could change without my doing anything?

>> The manual that came with your computer should explain those quite
>> nicely for you.

Sandy

Re: Power button color codes?
Wow....everyone else had something constructive to offer...which I do
appreciate.

You, on the other hand, were just totally useless....and annoying. I expect
you probably hear that alot...

> "Sandy" <nospamsbeech6@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>D'oh.....that would be if manuals still came with new PCs.... If it was
>>that
>>easy I wouldn't be asking........

> Apparently someone has to find it for you, print it, open it to the
> proper page and set it in your lap.
>
> Ain't gonna happen, doofus.
>

>>"Bill Daggett" <Daggett@wmunny.invalid> wrote in message
>>news:97jh85djf0u6omqpfkm7213ssaknau8fcl@4ax.com. ..

>>> The manual that came with your computer should explain those quite
>>> nicely for you.

Dave T.

Re: Power button color codes?
Sandy wrote:
> Wow....everyone else had something constructive to offer...which I do
> appreciate.
>
> You, on the other hand, were just totally useless....and annoying. I
> expect you probably hear that alot...

Sandy, I don't see 95% of the noise. Life's too short. I use message
filters extensively. Where it gets crazy is from the fact that the hard
core trollers change they're address often because they want to make
certain that everyone gets to enjoy the bile they spread.

Dave T.