Vista Ultimate 64 bit Back Up Questions

kskwerl

Vista Ultimate 64 bit Back Up Questions

Hey everyone, this is going to sound like a stupid question and i've
looked places but can't seem to get an answer to this specific question.
Is there a way I can back up my Windows Vista Ultimate to the point
where if say my RAID 0 array fails and I have to redo my RAID and set up
Vista from scratch that I can just pop in some backup media such as
another HD or DVD's and install my computer right back to where it was?
(Programs installed and everything, including updates etc.)

*-this dude has a RAID 0 but doesn't know how to back up his
sh*t..wtf?*

-All help is greatly appreciated.

--
kskwerl
MilesAhead

Re: Vista Ultimate 64 bit Back Up Questions

kskwerl;1100888 Wrote:
> Hey everyone, this is going to sound like a stupid question and i've
> looked places but can't seem to get an answer to this specific question.
> Is there a way I can back up my Windows Vista Ultimate to the point
> where if say my RAID 0 array fails and I have to redo my RAID and set up
> Vista from scratch that I can just pop in some backup media such as
> another HD or DVD's and install my computer right back to where it was?
> (Programs installed and everything, including updates etc.)
>
> *-this dude has a RAID 0 but doesn't know how to back up his
> sh*t..wtf?*
>
> -All help is greatly appreciated.

Check out the trial version of Macrium Reflect 4.2. You can back up to
an external USB drive and then try the restore, to make sure it works.
The trial version will let you create the Linux rescue CD. If your
machine gets in a state where you cannot boot, this is the vital thing.
When you boot the CD it must have drivers to see your Raid setup. You
can boot the CD and start as if you are going to restore without
actually writing to your HD to see if the boot CD can see your drive.

With these disaster recovery things, the only way to know for sure is
to actually do a restore. A good time is if you just had to do a system
reinstall to "out of the box" condition. That way if it doesn't work,
you haven't invested a whole lot of time tweaking the system and
installing apps.

How you get the Raid back working if that gets hosed I don't know.
Maybe another poster can give advice there.

--
MilesAhead

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx
DL

Re: Vista Ultimate 64 bit Back Up Questions
Buy Imaging software, eg Acronis or Ghost, to name but two

"kskwerl" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hey everyone, this is going to sound like a stupid question and i've
> looked places but can't seem to get an answer to this specific question.
> Is there a way I can back up my Windows Vista Ultimate to the point
> where if say my RAID 0 array fails and I have to redo my RAID and set up
> Vista from scratch that I can just pop in some backup media such as
> another HD or DVD's and install my computer right back to where it was?
> (Programs installed and everything, including updates etc.)
>
> *-this dude has a RAID 0 but doesn't know how to back up his
> sh*t..wtf?*
>
> -All help is greatly appreciated.
>

> --
> kskwerl

kskwerl

DL;1103071 Wrote:
> Buy Imaging software, eg Acronis or Ghost, to name but two
>
> "kskwerl" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
> news:8827e8ad59b44ef75b0bba5ccf4f6952@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > >
> > >
> > > Hey everyone, this is going to sound like a stupid question and i've
> > > looked places but can't seem to get an answer to this specific

> > question.
> > > Is there a way I can back up my Windows Vista Ultimate to the point
> > > where if say my RAID 0 array fails and I have to redo my RAID and set

> > up
> > > Vista from scratch that I can just pop in some backup media such as
> > > another HD or DVD's and install my computer right back to where it

> > was?
> > > (Programs installed and everything, including updates etc.)
> > >
> > > *-this dude has a RAID 0 but doesn't know how to back up his
> > > sh*t..wtf?*
> > >
> > > -All help is greatly appreciated.
> > >

> > > --
> > > kskwerl > >

You guys are the best, thanks a lot I really appreciate it!!!

--
kskwerl