Vista Windows Back-Up 100% Disk Utilization

Banjo200

Vista Windows Back-Up 100% Disk Utilization

I have an HP intel Core 2 Quad Vista Home Premium 64 Pavillion with 4GB
RAM & 4GB Ready Boost. Every week or so the computer runs dog slow for
hours. The disk is pegged at 100% utilization. I have had this issue
since I purchased the HP Pavillion m9250f in June 2008. Worked with both
HP & Microsoft, they claim the system is nomral

Vista decides to do some type of windows back-up,tons of svchost.exe
files scanned as IO Priority in Background, as I watch them from the
Vista Reliabaility & Performance Monitor (100% Disk Utilization)

I do my own application file back-ups with no problems. This backup or
scanning that slows my computer is some type of function in Vista and I
can not start it or stop, According to Microsoft it is a normal function
in Vista.

But Why does it make my system crawl for hours until it is complete, I
do not have much data on my hard drive, I have taken off all my music
and jpg files.

Does anyone know how to at least schedule the Vista Windows System
File Back-Up, this way I can run it over night and not have to be at the
mercy of Vista when it decides to run it's System File back-up

Thank you
Banjo 200

--
Banjo200
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Vista Windows Back-Up 100% Disk Utilization
"Banjo200" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I have an HP intel Core 2 Quad Vista Home Premium 64 Pavillion with 4GB
> RAM & 4GB Ready Boost. Every week or so the computer runs dog slow for
> hours. The disk is pegged at 100% utilization. I have had this issue
> since I purchased the HP Pavillion m9250f in June 2008. Worked with both
> HP & Microsoft, they claim the system is nomral
>
> Vista decides to do some type of windows back-up,tons of svchost.exe
> files scanned as IO Priority in Background, as I watch them from the
> Vista Reliabaility & Performance Monitor (100% Disk Utilization)
>
> I do my own application file back-ups with no problems. This backup or
> scanning that slows my computer is some type of function in Vista and I
> can not start it or stop, According to Microsoft it is a normal function
> in Vista.
>
> But Why does it make my system crawl for hours until it is complete, I
> do not have much data on my hard drive, I have taken off all my music
> and jpg files.
>
> Does anyone know how to at least schedule the Vista Windows System
> File Back-Up, this way I can run it over night and not have to be at the
> mercy of Vista when it decides to run it's System File back-up
>
> Thank you
> Banjo 200
>

> --
> Banjo200

Is it a scheduled backup or do you have a virus scanner set to check the
entire system?

--

Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/