Slow bootup!

sl123

Slow bootup!

Hey guys

To start off, my specs are:
Gigabyte MA770-UD3
AMD Phenom II X4 940
6gb 800mhz ram
8600 GT XXX Zalman Fanksink
640 Western Digital 7200 RPM

I got Vista ultimate x64 2 days ago
After I updated vista today, my boot time has drastically increased
(60-75s).
I have done all the tweaks, disabled useless services etc.

I don't understand why, I'm expecting around 30-40s boot time with my
CPU and memory =/

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

--
sl123
Josh White

Re: Slow bootup!
On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 00:58:13 -0500, sl123 <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>Hey guys
>
>To start off, my specs are:
>Gigabyte MA770-UD3
>AMD Phenom II X4 940
>6gb 800mhz ram
>8600 GT XXX Zalman Fanksink
>640 Western Digital 7200 RPM

You might need to clear up a couple items for anyone who can help you.

>I got Vista ultimate x64 2 days ago

Did you install it then? What was running before that install?

>After I updated vista today, my boot time has drastically increased
>(60-75s).

What do you mean by "updated vista"? Do you mean that you installed
all the necessary updates, including SP1?

>I have done all the tweaks, disabled useless services etc.
>
>I don't understand why, I'm expecting around 30-40s boot time with my
>CPU and memory =/
>
>Any help is appreciated.
>Thanks.

Richard Urban

Re: Slow bootup!
You don't update Vista from 32 bit to 64 bit. You perform a clean install.
The very first thing you do after the clean install is install the requisite
motherboard drivers from the M/B manufacturer.

Is this how you "updated"?

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

"sl123" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hey guys
>
> To start off, my specs are:
> Gigabyte MA770-UD3
> AMD Phenom II X4 940
> 6gb 800mhz ram
> 8600 GT XXX Zalman Fanksink
> 640 Western Digital 7200 RPM
>
> I got Vista ultimate x64 2 days ago
> After I updated vista today, my boot time has drastically increased
> (60-75s).
> I have done all the tweaks, disabled useless services etc.
>
> I don't understand why, I'm expecting around 30-40s boot time with my
> CPU and memory =/
>
> Any help is appreciated.
> Thanks.
>

> --
> sl123

sl123

Re: Slow bootup!

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I installed a clean version of Vista
ultimate x64 SP1, and then a day later I proceeded to use windows update
to update things.

--
sl123
Steve McGarrett

Re: Slow bootup!
On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:04:41 -0500, sl123 <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>Sorry for the misunderstanding, I installed a clean version of Vista
>ultimate x64 SP1, and then a day later I proceeded to use windows update
>to update things.

Did you update your drivers?

Did you install EVERY Vista update?
sl123

Re: Slow bootup!

Yes I updated my drivers.
I didn't install all of them - I installed most of the security updates
etc.

If needed, I can post pictures of my services etc.

--
sl123
Mandy03

Re: Slow bootup!

After a BSOD (blue screen of death) my system seems to work very slowly.
How can I find put why the blue screen appears or can anyone tell me
what measures should I take in order to verify my system after such blue
screens?

--
Mandy03
Steve McGarrett

Re: Slow bootup!
On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:51:31 -0500, sl123 <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>Yes I updated my drivers.
>I didn't install all of them - I installed most of the security updates
>etc.
>
>If needed, I can post pictures of my services etc.

You need to fully update your drivers - that means INSTALL them - and
get them from the manufacturer's website, NOT from Windows Update, and
you need to fully install all the available updates from WU.
Mike Torello

Re: Slow bootup!
Mandy03 <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>After a BSOD (blue screen of death) my system seems to work very slowly.
>How can I find put why the blue screen appears or can anyone tell me
>what measures should I take in order to verify my system after such blue
>screens?

You are hijacking someone else's thread. This one is about a
completely different problem.

Start your own