Help and Support Problem

pufnstuff

Help and Support Problem
If go to Help And Support or click (or use F1 key) for any
windows' applications, the Help & Support Screen comes up
but is blank. If type something in search get following message.

HELP TOPIC NOT FOUND
"This Content Under Construction"
"We Were Unable To Retrieve The required Topic"

Have tried all the reg. fixes have seen for restoring Help & Support
and ones relevant to this particular error message without success.
No other problems with Vista Ultimate and have no idea why or
when occurred.

Mike Torello

Re: Help and Support Problem
"pufnstuff" <pufnstuff@news2know.ca> wrote:

>If go to Help And Support or click (or use F1 key) for any
>windows' applications, the Help & Support Screen comes up
>but is blank. If type something in search get following message.
>
>HELP TOPIC NOT FOUND
>"This Content Under Construction"
>"We Were Unable To Retrieve The required Topic"
>
>Have tried all the reg. fixes have seen for restoring Help & Support
>and ones relevant to this particular error message without success.
>No other problems with Vista Ultimate and have no idea why or
>when occurred.
>
>Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Only one suggestion: don't start a new thread about a problem when you
started one two days previously on the same problem.
pufnstuff

Re: Help and Support Problem
Did get any replies except one suggesting more info
which I gave and assumed after few days, wouldn't be
any further responses which have checked for regularly.

Hence, decided to post again in another newsgroup as
desperate for solution after googling myself. And what
is so wrong with that?

"Mike Torello" <torellom@chicoplt.com> wrote in message
newsa5it49kcuo9c338hhvbboqsq5q6mdds47@4ax.com...
> "pufnstuff" <pufnstuff@news2know.ca> wrote:
>
>>If go to Help And Support or click (or use F1 key) for any
>>windows' applications, the Help & Support Screen comes up
>>but is blank. If type something in search get following message.
>>
>>HELP TOPIC NOT FOUND
>>"This Content Under Construction"
>>"We Were Unable To Retrieve The required Topic"
>>
>>Have tried all the reg. fixes have seen for restoring Help & Support
>>and ones relevant to this particular error message without success.
>>No other problems with Vista Ultimate and have no idea why or
>>when occurred.
>>
>>Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

> Only one suggestion: don't start a new thread about a problem when you
> started one two days previously on the same problem.

pufnstuff

Re: Help and Support Problem
Meant to say "didn't" get any replies

Did you suggest any solution in other post
or this one? Noooooooooooo!

"Mike Torello" <torellom@chicoplt.com> wrote in message
newsa5it49kcuo9c338hhvbboqsq5q6mdds47@4ax.com...
> "pufnstuff" <pufnstuff@news2know.ca> wrote:
>
>>If go to Help And Support or click (or use F1 key) for any
>>windows' applications, the Help & Support Screen comes up
>>but is blank. If type something in search get following message.
>>
>>HELP TOPIC NOT FOUND
>>"This Content Under Construction"
>>"We Were Unable To Retrieve The required Topic"
>>
>>Have tried all the reg. fixes have seen for restoring Help & Support
>>and ones relevant to this particular error message without success.
>>No other problems with Vista Ultimate and have no idea why or
>>when occurred.
>>
>>Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

> Only one suggestion: don't start a new thread about a problem when you
> started one two days previously on the same problem.

THE C. [MS MVP]

Re: Help and Support Problem
Be careful of Mike T. He will KillFile you. Plus he doesn't help anyone much
either. Hope you get your problem taken care of. Make it a great day.
--
Computer/Software Tech.

Charles Richmond
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

"pufnstuff" wrote:

> Meant to say "didn't" get any replies
>
> Did you suggest any solution in other post
> or this one? Noooooooooooo!
>

> "Mike Torello" <torellom@chicoplt.com> wrote in message
> newsa5it49kcuo9c338hhvbboqsq5q6mdds47@4ax.com...
> > "pufnstuff" <pufnstuff@news2know.ca> wrote:
> >
> >>If go to Help And Support or click (or use F1 key) for any
> >>windows' applications, the Help & Support Screen comes up
> >>but is blank. If type something in search get following message.
> >>
> >>HELP TOPIC NOT FOUND
> >>"This Content Under Construction"
> >>"We Were Unable To Retrieve The required Topic"
> >>
> >>Have tried all the reg. fixes have seen for restoring Help & Support
> >>and ones relevant to this particular error message without success.
> >>No other problems with Vista Ultimate and have no idea why or
> >>when occurred.
> >>
> >>Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

> > Only one suggestion: don't start a new thread about a problem when you
> > started one two days previously on the same problem.

c1tobor

Re: Help and Support Problem

Same problem here....no help?

--
c1tobor
beamish9@hotmail.com

Re: Help and Support Problem
On Apr 5, 1:23*pm, "pufnstuff" <pufnst...@news2know.ca> wrote:
> If go to Help And Support or click (or use F1 key) for any
> windows' applications, the Help & Support Screen comes up
> but is blank. *If type something in search get following message.
>
> HELP TOPIC NOT FOUND
> "This Content Under Construction"
> "We Were Unable To Retrieve The required Topic"
>
> Have tried all the reg. fixes have seen for restoring Help & Support
> and ones relevant to this particular error message without success.
> No other problems with Vista Ultimate and have no idea why or
> when occurred.

Hello,
Do have Windows Vista, next week new unit with Vista arrives.
If interested there is a free search utility called "Agent Ransack",
Do not know if it will work with Vista.
http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/
The download link for the free version is at the bottom of the page.
I use this on XP systems, have no problems.
Second suggestion would be to check in Windows Components, see if all
components are listed and checked.
take care.
beamish.
PaulM