2 Problems I can not solve

Houdy23

2 Problems I can not solve

First problem is that when ever I look up any website, sometimes it just
goes to google says cannot find page. It doesn't happen all the time
just when I am trying to load a page and it also doesn't go right away
it takes awhile for it go there.

Second problem is that randomly i'll get a Microsoft Windows message
that says, "crack.exe stopped working". I have no idea what to do about
this to get it to stop.

Please help. Thank you

Houdy23

--
Houdy23
Malke

Re: 2 Problems I can not solve
Houdy23 wrote:

> First problem is that when ever I look up any website, sometimes it just
> goes to google says cannot find page. It doesn't happen all the time
> just when I am trying to load a page and it also doesn't go right away
> it takes awhile for it go there.
>
> Second problem is that randomly i'll get a Microsoft Windows message
> that says, "crack.exe stopped working". I have no idea what to do about
> this to get it to stop.

Crack.exe is a sign of infection as is your Internet connectivity issue.

Go through these general malware removal steps systematically -

Include scanning with David Lipman's Multi_AV and follow instructions to do
all scans in Safe Mode. Please see the special Notes regarding using
Multi_AV in Vista.

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Multi-AV - instructions
http://tinyurl.com/yoeru3 - download link and more instructions

When all else fails, get guided help. Choose one of the specialty forums
listed at the first link. Register and read its posting FAQ. PLEASE DO NOT
POST LOGS IN THE MS NEWSGROUPS.

If you can't do the work yourself (and there is no shame in admitting this
isn't your cup of tea), take the machine to a professional computer repair
shop (not your local equivalent of BigComputerStore/GeekSquad). Please be
aware that not all local shops are skilled at removing malware and even if
they are, your computer may be so infested that Windows will need to be
clean-installed. If possible, have all your data backed up before you take
the machine into a shop.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Richard Urban

Re: 2 Problems I can not solve
You have tried Goggling for crack.exe of course. It will give you loads of
information.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

"Houdy23" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> First problem is that when ever I look up any website, sometimes it just
> goes to google says cannot find page. It doesn't happen all the time
> just when I am trying to load a page and it also doesn't go right away
> it takes awhile for it go there.
>
> Second problem is that randomly i'll get a Microsoft Windows message
> that says, "crack.exe stopped working". I have no idea what to do about
> this to get it to stop.
>
> Please help. Thank you
>
> Houdy23
>

> --
> Houdy23

Houdy23

Re: 2 Problems I can not solve

So far so good, thank you very much for your help Malke.

--
Houdy23
Houdy23

Re: 2 Problems I can not solve

Well I guess after all that your suggestion didn't work. I found the
crack.exe file but it wont let me delete it. I tried to end process and
everything but nothing. When I am able to delete the crack the folder
comes back. I still have no idea. Help please.

--
Houdy23
Houdy23

Re: 2 Problems I can not solve

Will it work if I reformat my hard drive?

--
Houdy23
Rick Rogers

Re: 2 Problems I can not solve
Yes, but that's overkill - like hitting an ant with a sledgehammer. Follow
the steps in Malke's links, you likely need to be in safe mode to remove it
as it is active when running under normal mode.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org