Performance options disapeared

nicktruman

Performance options disapeared

Hi,
I have an issue with Vista Ultimate x64 running on an AMD Athlon Duel
core 4200+ system
This is a brand new fresh install (2nd time). When I install and start
the windows experience index calculates as per normal, but as none of
the graphics drivers are loaded the score is very low. So I install all
the correct drivers and try and update the score - nothing the option to
refresh the score has gone.
I get a screen that says "Rate and improve your computer's performance"
but nothing else..

I have flushed the stats folder and reset everything.

Any ideas? Please!!

Kind regards

Nick

|Filename: Image1.jpg |
|Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10813|

nicktruman
nicktruman

Re: Performance options disapeared

Please someone?:cry:

--
nicktruman
Max Goldman

nicktruman <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>Please someone?:cry:

To find out what you are crying about, I had to look you up on Google
Groups. Most folks do NOT keep older posts, so in the future please
quote what you are replying/adding to.

On the screen you are looking at, you don't see "Update my score" in
the lower right corner?

Max Goldman;999375 Wrote:
> nicktruman <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote:
> > > >

> > >Please someone?:cry: > >

> To find out what you are crying about, I had to look you up on Google
> Groups. Most folks do NOT keep older posts, so in the future please
> quote what you are replying/adding to.
>
> On the screen you are looking at, you don't see "Update my score" in
> the lower right corner?

ah, this is a new post?
there is no option for updating the score, its all gone.

Max Goldman;999375 Wrote:
> nicktruman <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote:
> > > >

> > >Please someone?:cry: > >

> To find out what you are crying about, I had to look you up on Google
> Groups. Most folks do NOT keep older posts, so in the future please
> quote what you are replying/adding to.
>
> On the screen you are looking at, you don't see "Update my score" in
> the lower right corner?

Heh Max
I assume you don't know the answer then?

--
nicktruman
Max Goldman

Re: Performance options disapeared
nicktruman <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>Max Goldman;999375 Wrote:

>> To find out what you are crying about, I had to look you up on Google
>> Groups. Most folks do NOT keep older posts, so in the future please
>> quote what you are replying/adding to.
>>
>> On the screen you are looking at, you don't see "Update my score" in
>> the lower right corner?

>Heh Max
>I assume you don't know the answer then?

Maybe you can find it here (from the 421,000 choices):

http://www.google.com/search?q=vista...L_enUS284US284

Max Goldman;1002234 Wrote:
> nicktruman <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote:

> > > Google

> > >Heh Max
> > >I assume you don't know the answer then? > >

> Maybe you can find it here (from the 421,000 choices):
>
> 'vista update my score - Google Search'
> (http://www.google.com/search?q=vista...L_enUS284US284)

Thankx Max.
This fixed it..
This happens if a policy is set which removes access to the
-Performance Information and Tools- page. If you're the administrator of
the system, follow one of these methods below to relax this restriction:
METHOD 1: USING THE GROUP POLICY EDITOR

- Click Start, type *GPEDIT.MSC* and press ENTER. This opens the
Group Policy Editor.
- Navigate to the following branch:
Computer Configuration | Administrative Templates | System |
Performance Control Panel

- Double-click *-Turn off access to the performance center core
section-*
- Set it to -*Not configured*-
If it's already set to -Not Configured-, set it to *-Enabled-* and click
-Apply-. Then revert back the setting to *-Not Configured-*. This resets
the registry based policy if set already.

- Repeat the steps in this branch as well:
User Configuration | Administrative Templates | System |
Performance Control Panel

- Exit the Group Policy Editor.
*Note:* Group Policy Editor is not available in certain versions of
Windows Vista. If your version of Windows Vista does not have the Group
Policy Editor, follow the registry editing method instead, which is
listed below.

--
nicktruman