sleep ?

Drew

sleep ?
Computer all of a sudden does not go to sleep on its own...I can manually
put it to sleep and it works fine...On its own after 20 minutes or so the
monitor goes to sleep but the cpu does not...Any Ideas ??...I checked the
system and maintenance folder in control panel and as far as I know all is
set correctly...

Running Vista Business (Clean fresh install) on my custom built rig
Intel D975XBX2 motherboard
Intel core 2 6600 processor
4gigs of DDR2 800
PNY 7900GS video card

-Draino-

Re: sleep ?
Most likely a USB issue, especially if you recently updated any drivers or
added any new drivers.

"Drew" <sheba3169@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Computer all of a sudden does not go to sleep on its own...I can manually
> put it to sleep and it works fine...On its own after 20 minutes or so the
> monitor goes to sleep but the cpu does not...Any Ideas ??...I checked the
> system and maintenance folder in control panel and as far as I know all is
> set correctly...
>
> Running Vista Business (Clean fresh install) on my custom built rig
> Intel D975XBX2 motherboard
> Intel core 2 6600 processor
> 4gigs of DDR2 800
> PNY 7900GS video card

Drew

Re: sleep ?
I am not really sure if it is a usb issue or not...I have not installed or
updated any drivers that I know of and I have checked windows update and it
does not show anything....Would something like that not affect manual sleep
as well ??
"-Draino-" <guest@unknown.com> wrote in message
> Most likely a USB issue, especially if you recently updated any drivers or
> added any new drivers.

> "Drew" <sheba3169@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> Computer all of a sudden does not go to sleep on its own...I can manually
>> put it to sleep and it works fine...On its own after 20 minutes or so the
>> monitor goes to sleep but the cpu does not...Any Ideas ??...I checked the
>> system and maintenance folder in control panel and as far as I know all
>> is set correctly...
>>
>> Running Vista Business (Clean fresh install) on my custom built rig
>> Intel D975XBX2 motherboard
>> Intel core 2 6600 processor
>> 4gigs of DDR2 800
>> PNY 7900GS video card

Thomas - Ungfar.dk

Re: sleep ?
Try to give it 10 minutes... after screen go to sleep.
I have the same problem. My only go to sleep or shutdown when CPU temp. is
low.

"Drew" <sheba3169@sbcglobal.net> skrev i meddelelsen
>I am not really sure if it is a usb issue or not...I have not installed or
>updated any drivers that I know of and I have checked windows update and it
>does not show anything....Would something like that not affect manual sleep
>as well ??
> "-Draino-" <guest@unknown.com> wrote in message
>> Most likely a USB issue, especially if you recently updated any drivers
>> or added any new drivers.

>> "Drew" <sheba3169@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>> Computer all of a sudden does not go to sleep on its own...I can
>>> manually put it to sleep and it works fine...On its own after 20 minutes
>>> or so the monitor goes to sleep but the cpu does not...Any Ideas ??...I
>>> checked the system and maintenance folder in control panel and as far as
>>> I know all is set correctly...
>>>
>>> Running Vista Business (Clean fresh install) on my custom built rig
>>> Intel D975XBX2 motherboard
>>> Intel core 2 6600 processor
>>> 4gigs of DDR2 800
>>> PNY 7900GS video card

Drew

Re: sleep ?
Thanks Thomas for your response but it does not matter if I came back an
hour later it still has not gone to sleep...The monitor has but not the
cpu....
"Thomas - Ungfar.dk" <none@none.dk> wrote in message
> Try to give it 10 minutes... after screen go to sleep.
> I have the same problem. My only go to sleep or shutdown when CPU temp. is
> low.
>
> "Drew" <sheba3169@sbcglobal.net> skrev i meddelelsen
>>I am not really sure if it is a usb issue or not...I have not installed or
>>updated any drivers that I know of and I have checked windows update and
>>it does not show anything....Would something like that not affect manual
>>sleep as well ??
>> "-Draino-" <guest@unknown.com> wrote in message
>>> Most likely a USB issue, especially if you recently updated any drivers
>>> or added any new drivers.

Pavel A.

Re: sleep ?
Maybe an app or service is running on your machine that disables
automatic transition to sleep - but allows turning monitor off.
This is possible.

Regards,
--PA

"Drew" <sheba3169@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:055C835B-62AC-4C09-A3EA-703B45E0B178@microsoft.com...
> Thanks Thomas for your response but it does not matter if I came back an hour later it still has not gone to sleep...The
> monitor has but not the cpu....
> "Thomas - Ungfar.dk" <none@none.dk> wrote in message news:OdC6mwoeHHA.3884@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Try to give it 10 minutes... after screen go to sleep.
>> I have the same problem. My only go to sleep or shutdown when CPU temp. is low.
>>
>> "Drew" <sheba3169@sbcglobal.net> skrev i meddelelsen news:6A245841-D630-4243-8FAA-EF3A7BD79C13@microsoft.com...
>>>I am not really sure if it is a usb issue or not...I have not installed or updated any drivers that I know of and I have
>>>checked windows update and it does not show anything....Would something like that not affect manual sleep as well ??

Drew

Re: sleep ?
I am not sure what it was but after the latest Windows update (Tuesday) it
is working fine again....Go figure !!