Maximum no. of windows open

=?Utf-8?B?Ym13YWxsYWNl?=

Maximum no. of windows open
I seem to have an issue with how many windows i can have open at the same
time . . in XP the task bar had a continuation chevron enabling me to have
pages and page of windows open. on Vista, I can open 26 windows by changing
the taskbar to double depth, but once both rows are full, I can only open
more programes by closing one down. Is there any way around this? Once it
start to get jammed up, I find that I can only run 24 programmes, then a
little later, only 22, etc. I have a top-end notebook with a lot of memory
and high cache

Is there any way to increase how many active windows I can have open?
=?Utf-8?B?Q2F0IE1lZ2V4?=

RE: Maximum no. of windows open
First of all, are you using the Windows Classic interface? If so, you may
just have to switch to Vista Basic or Aero.

If not, right-click the Taskbar, click "Properties", and on the Taskbar tab
in the dialog box that appears, check the box labeled "Group similar taskbar
buttons". (What this does is, once you fill up the Taskbar with buttons, it
will group multiple instances of something (such as multiple Notepad files,
browser windows [of the same browser], Explorer windows, etc.) within a
button that looks like the one normally used for individual windows, but when
clicked, displays a vertically-stacked list of all windows of that type.)

"bmwallace" wrote:

> I seem to have an issue with how many windows i can have open at the same
> time . . in XP the task bar had a continuation chevron enabling me to have
> pages and page of windows open. on Vista, I can open 26 windows by changing
> the taskbar to double depth, but once both rows are full, I can only open
> more programes by closing one down. Is there any way around this? Once it
> start to get jammed up, I find that I can only run 24 programmes, then a
> little later, only 22, etc. I have a top-end notebook with a lot of memory
> and high cache
>
> Is there any way to increase how many active windows I can have open?

Razzle Fratz

Re: Maximum no. of windows open
Having that many windows open is just begging for trouble!

What would you do if the power went off while you have all the stuff hanging
out?

REDUCE and SIMPLIFY!

"bmwallace" <bmwallace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news399E0B3-FC88-4EC7-BF44-71F73DBF2A54@microsoft.com...
>I seem to have an issue with how many windows i can have open at the same
> time . . in XP the task bar had a continuation chevron enabling me to have
> pages and page of windows open. on Vista, I can open 26 windows by
> changing
> the taskbar to double depth, but once both rows are full, I can only open
> more programes by closing one down. Is there any way around this? Once it
> start to get jammed up, I find that I can only run 24 programmes, then a
> little later, only 22, etc. I have a top-end notebook with a lot of memory
> and high cache
>
> Is there any way to increase how many active windows I can have open?

Re: Maximum no. of windows open
Increase your swap file size